iptv stream issue

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..i have multiroom with my supplier, iptv service is excellent no issues..let me explain. I have 2 android boxes formuler z8 and amiko a6n. The formuler is in the living room , hard wired to the Virgin media rouer, it works flawlwssly, no issues there. Now my other box is at the end of the house amiko a6n , im usiung tp link ethernet homeplugs as i cannot get a long enough ethernet cable to this room. Ive connected this to an ASUS RT-AC68U wirless router as i cannot get awifi signal in that room as i also need internet, My amiko a6n is connected from the ASUS via one one of the LAN ports. I noticed that from time to time my stream freezes and i need to flick to over to nect channel and back again to continue watching..Even as i type the stream has frozen lol. I have no issues with wifi also, the asus works perfeclly and doesnt need any re booting etc.. Ive swapped boxes over to the two rooms and the same happens again, in the living room the amiko works perfectly however , the formuler z8 does the same in the room at the end of my house. Im assuming there is a problem with either the ethrnet home plugs or perhaps the asus router may need some tweaking, ie settings in the 192 page...can anyone shed on light on this issue. I cannot fault my supplier, iptv line is very good..definately something to do with what ive mentioned.. cheers

Have you run a speed test on the box on the homeplugs ?

Also ping the IP address of that box and see what you get back.

Ok will do all those tests..
Just happens on box with homplugs connected..both boxes run at same time , no issues on wired one, just the one that's connected via homeplugs

Homeplugs are hit and miss, if they are in extension leads if possible use wall socket. If that is not possible and still using them in extensions leads put the homeplug at socket furtherest away from other sockets used.
Also check in your account of app your using to ensure your provider has enabled dual connections.
By the sounds of it i suspect the issue is homeplugs.

As Ferret mentioned do speedtest and check what your download/upload speed and ping are?

Homeplugs can be good/reliable but are dependent on noisy mains. Our homeplugs are good but house is only about 15years old so house wiring is pretty new. I also got homeplug with pass-through which (allegedly) filters anything plugged into pass-through socket.

I got info on homeplugs from:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

ping and speedtest

Last edited by a moderator:
You should edit that speed test photo @johnny bravo as IP is displayed.
I dont see an issue with ping on photo.
Are you running a VPN on one of the boxes?
Can you switch of the box that is freezing, keep the box on that “is not” freezing.
Then run your line on an app on your phone whilst connected to same network and post back if it freezes.
Also ask your supplier if he can see two connections.

Ok I'll try..can a mod edit or delete that speedtest pic or blank out ip address..I cannot do it..ta
no i dont have vpn on any of the boxes.

Then run your line on an app on your phone whilst connected to same network and post back if it freezes.
Also ask your supplier if he can see two connections.
i use portal settings not url.

i use portal settings not url.
I remember you previously having issues with that mate with a clown on here that “knows everything” and was his fault. 😡
The reason im asking you try it on another device is to rule out fault on homeplugs, and to see if your provider has allowed you to have two connections.
If it streams perfect on box and your phone at the same time it will point to homeplugs or box being issue.

Does your line end in.
.ts
.mpgets
:8080

lol yeah was ok in the end i got my money back..but this guy im with is good ..and yes defo 2 connections.
and no doesnt end like you say its portall setting ie, http://server.ddns.net/c
plus its mac address locked on server side.

After you were being messed about by a member on here i recall sending you PM on how line should be setup. As you are using portal on TiviMate and were having issues with EPG and portal with multiroom. The way i PMd you “it worked”. The line was not setup the same as line your were issued.
You can now run multiroom on magboxes, im unsure if your provider has the ability to do that.

This is all trouble shooting to rule out line issue, the screen shot you posted did not show any issues on ping and speeds. That is why im wanting to see if dual connections will work on another device without homeplugs.
Can you not use both boxes at same time without homeplugs?
IE: put both boxes in livingroom connected to TV “without” homeplugs to see if it locks up?

After PM from you @johnny bravo your supplier has “correctly” issued you multiroom for portal and seems to know how it works. Although many think you can “NOT” run multiroom on portals “YOU CAN”. 🙂
This can only lead back to fault of box or homeplugs.
As previously mentioned..... put both boxes hard wired direct to modem and try that.

lol yeah was ok in the end i got my money back..but this guy im with is good ..and yes defo 2 connections.
and no doesnt end like you say its portall setting ie, http://server.ddns.net/c
plus its mac address locked on server side.

Sorry mate

I oblivious here never seen the pic rivers got you covered anyway, hope you get a fix pal.

Same old issues ??? johnny bravo
With all due respect the issue johnny had a couple of months ago was provider unable to create an XML URL for his EPG.
This is common knowledge for anyone to make with .ts or .mpgets.
That issue has been resolved without help from that provider and fixed by member(s) on here.
The issue i thought was provider making a mistake on the line setting it up for portal to work on multiroom.
Personally the provider could of done it another way...... but the way it was done will still work.
So now provider has been ruled out this leads back to hardware problem in my opinion, either box or most likely the “homeplugs”.
@johnny bravo is top bloke and has been messed about before. Thats why im probably folding over in half for him as i did NOT want to see him messed about again.
So back on topic the thread can not go much further until homeplugs being ruled out.

Back