important

oh dear we do seem to have got ourselves into a twist - md5, encryption/decryption keys,bpi lol. well if that where the case how could they send random data as a config and have it deciphered? dynamic configs arent really dynamic at all and are just a smoke screen! maybe sometimes its to easy to look deeper than what is actually happening ;)
SK

thats exactly what ive been thinking / saying

is there much hard evidence to dstreams big announcement?

Well...we still have people with 1k up/down and no way around it from what i hear...and we have yet to see if it goes nationwide...im still safe in the deep south....i was one of the last to get the 20mb upgrade but i bet i wont be for the downfall :)

thats exactly what ive been thinking / saying
is there much hard evidence to dstreams big announcement?
look at his post regards this - all guess work imo. i do believe they blacklist macs but i doubt theyre checking every mac on every ubr. dynamic configs are just a validity check in my eyes. send something out and get something back plus a nice way of hiding the config filenames. im sure they already know the mac address and which config file it should be assigned.

look at his post regards this - all guess work imo. i do believe they blacklist macs but i doubt theyre checking every mac on every ubr. dynamic configs are just a validity check in my eyes. send something out and get something back. im sure they already know the mac address and which config file it should be assigned.
Agreed. dstream's posts are what come's out the end of a my arse after a good curry.

The point of using dynamic configs is to avoid static names, so at least some portion of the name is basically session identification (uniquely generated), if not the whole string itself - so may not be possible to reverse it. All the CMTS would need to do is keep track of the issued sessions and pair it with the subscriber data when requests are made.

Whilst I havnt seen them for myself, that's how I'd assume it would work. Any other way which allows the name to be reversed would be pointless for the operator.

Last edited:
Agreed. dstream's posts are what come's out the end of a my arse after a good curry.
The point of using dynamic configs is to avoid static names, so at least some portion of the name is basically session identification (uniquely generated), if not the whole string itself - so may not be possible to reverse it. All the CMTS would need to do is keep track of the issued sessions and pair it with the subscriber data when requests are made.
Whilst I havnt seen them for myself, that's how I'd assume it would work. Any other way which allows the name to be reversed would be pointless for the operator.

Well i think the man knows what he's talking about. and to say he's talkin shite, is probably wishful thinking on your part .

exactly - forget decryption :)

it would be interesting to download the config data from some random macs with dynamic configs and compare them to known configs.

Well i think the man knows what he's talking about. and to say he's talkin shite, is probably wishful thinking on your part .

im sorry to have to tell u this but he talks alot of drivell and never really provides any proof to back up is statements.

im sorry to have to tell u this but he talks alot of drivell and never really provides any proof to back up is statements.

M8 i hope your right i really do. From what i'm seeing now it appears to be true.

Im sure it is.

@simonkirk, afaik its exatly the same as one of the known configs. Not checked it in too much detail, but the caps (wishful thinking lol), the OID's and the upgrade filenames where all as before for an equivilent config of its type before.

If all this is true about the modem situation how come we are all still on then? why are we all not hit!!! if they know how to stop us!! ;)

wounder if this will get the modems back online from tcniso

DerEngel I have some questions about the new firmware, these are:

1.- Will DreamOs solve the problem with requeriment of digital certificates on isp forcing bpi + Docsis 1.1/2.0 ?

2.- Will be a function to download the config file from isp like it was in sigma X ? this is useful when the isp doesnt allow to download it by tftp

3.- Will this solve the problem in X2 of rebooting when you have opened many torrents connections?

4.- Will DreamOs come with a built in sniffer to find config files checking the oid for the best speed config's files?

5.- Would be very useful to put a automatic function to close snmp ports, release ip stack and other things instead of having to close it manually every time you boot up the modem

6.- Should have an option to make a list of many macs so if the modem lose conectivity using one could change automatically its mac using one from the best speed macs saved in list or the scanned in point number 4.

7.- I suppose this firmware will solve the leds problem using ambit on 5101

These are the ones i can remenber right now please answer to my questions and take consideration of my suggestions.

Thanks a lot for the hard work you are doing.

DerEngel

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:05 pm Post subject:
1) Yes, the entire BPI process will have a utility in DreamOS to do the following: Generate new / unique BPI certificate, import existing BPI certificate, and spoof all BPI settings (user defined).

2) Yes, additionally we will add back the 1MB file system and allow you to store config files or have the modem automatically download them and save it.

3) 100% yes

4) Release BETA no, however users can use the SDK kit to create that kind of functions themselves. All code can be written in C++ and can interface with all of the DreamOS functions.

5) DreamOS has a native linux core, so you can do ANYTHING on it that you can do on linux, which includes all of the features you specified. This will also allow you to use the Linux Net Lib to do things such as change the internal IP of the modem (from 192.168.100.1).

6) No comment (theft of service related).

7) No comment (that was not a valid question, more of a thought).

how will this effect the infiniti stealth software??

i didnt think this updated?

it has changed user name n password n serial???

and how come it still works?

exactly - forget decryption :)

it would be interesting to download the config data from some random macs with dynamic configs and compare them to known configs.

There pretty much the same as you would expect them to be.

ATTENTION!!!!!

Ok guys, I have a problem with my subbed modem. It's seems that my subbed modem has been stuck on the 1k upload/download like the clones. It has started since last night and haven't been able to surf the net all day today.
I'm wondering if the problem is cos someone has cloned my MAC and the DHCP server has already sent the update for the encryption keys while I was offline? This is really p*ssing me of big time.

ATTENTION!!!!!
Ok guys, I have a problem with my subbed modem. It's seems that my subbed modem has been stuck on the 1k upload/download like the clones. It has started since last night and haven't been able to surf the net all day today.
I'm wondering if the problem is cos someone has cloned my MAC and the DHCP server has already sent the update for the encryption keys while I was offline? This is really p*ssing me of big time.
try rebooting the modem
but the easiest option for you is to phone em and complain

Can you see which config your on or are you just making an assumption based on the speed you are getting ?

Can you see which config your on or are you just making an assumption based on the speed you are getting ?

It is a 250 modem so it does not display the config names. I am still on the 4mb config which is displayed by numbers rather than name.

I have seen exactly what happens to cloned modem and trust me it is the same. I can ping, but HTTP access is painfully slow. Google takes about 15/20 mins.

I have tried rebooting. I can't don't want to phone VM tech support cos I don't have a landline, and it costs a fortune from a mobile. I was hoping it would sort itself out but it looks as though something is going wrong with the new measures VM sending out.

on a subbed modem go to 192.168.100.1 enter root/root and the Operation Config page is simply the contents of the config file, if it says 2048000 or whatever thats the speed your modem is running at, if it says 1024 then yes u have a problem lol

Hi Solster,

The numbers are the same as before (when it used to work) I think it's something like 400000 for download which is 4Mb. I know the config is fine on 192.168. I think what VM are doing is restricting my speed from their end/ubr.
I'm just hoping that it gets fixed by itself tomorrow as I don't want to phone their 0906 premium number!

Edit:
I know that there is no problem on the ubr as I am using another vm modem which is working. I am forced to use a clone modem by VM lol.

Last edited:
Hi Solster,
The numbers are the same as before (when it used to work) I think it's something like 400000 for download which is 4Mb. I know the config is fine on 192.168. I think what VM are doing is restricting my speed from their end/ubr.
I'm just hoping that it gets fixed by itself tomorrow as I don't want to phone their 0906 premium number!
Edit:
I know that there is no problem on the ubr as I am using another vm modem which is working.

try changing your mac on the ethernet card using smac to force a new ip lease. sometimes just giving it a few hours or unplugging it for an hour does the trick.

Back