images for dm800 pro

yup any 2.5 inch SATA drive should be fine, I've got a Seagate Momentus, have also sued a Samsung before though.
Not sure how much space the EPG takes , wouldnt think it's going to be huge though, it's only text.

yup any 2.5 inch SATA drive should be fine, I've got a Seagate Momentus, have also sued a Samsung before though.
Not sure how much space the EPG takes , wouldnt think it's going to be huge though, it's only text.
might get 1 ordered then if there cheap enough, 500gb should do the trick i would imagine, as for the epg if its only text then im sure a 256mb pen drive will more than cover it, cheers for all the info mate, be back on here 2moro no doubt when theres something i cant do, lol! :proud:

go to clearance section on overclockers.co.uk

selling 500gb sata 2 2.5" hard drives for 35 quid

Big-hol,

Use one of your Usb stick's for the epg, format it ext3, stick it in the box then mount it, if you use a hard drive for the epg you will get a delay till the drive spins up, and really you only want the drive working if your recording or playing back.

epg only use about 4-12meg

Last edited:
Big-hol,

Use one of your Usb stick's for the epg, format it ext3, stick it in the box then mount it, if you use a hard drive for the epg you will get a delay till the drive spins up, and really you only want the drive working if your recording or playing back.
what formats ext3 mate, never heard of it,do i format it with box or by my pc! do i just mount it from the settings somewhere, im asking loads of things which will probably be obvious once box is infront of me, lol, will i need to show the box where to store the epg or will it do it automatically, if so what will the path be mate, if you know!

Ext3 is native Linux, i did it via my pc, using partition manager, but i think you can do it on the box,

Epg setup/ Blue/ red, global settings, leave them as is, but change path to media/usb, then save. Scroll to Rytec UK or Satmate UK, thenprovider settings, settings, enable refresh, to yes, set time, save. Download now, that's it mate, it looks more than it is, it's easy to setup.

To mount the USB stick, blue, blue, devices manager, mountpoints, scroll to media/usb, save, reboot. you can also format in there but i have never used the format option but it should be ok. It's all quite easy when you see it, you shouldn't have to much trouble.

Ext3 is native Linux, i did it via my pc, using partition manager, but i think you can do it on the box,

Epg setup/ Blue/ red, global settings, leave them as is, but change path to media/usb, then save. Scroll to Rytec UK or Satmate UK, thenprovider settings, settings, enable refresh, to yes, set time, save. Download now, that's it mate, it looks more than it is, it's easy to setup.

To mount the USB stick, blue, blue, devices manager, mountpoints, scroll to media/usb, save, reboot. you can also format in there but i have never used the format option but it should be ok. It's all quite easy when you see it, you shouldn't have to much trouble.
thanks mate thats some great advice too, let you know how i get on tomorrow, hopefully image goes on no bother, cccam loads a treat, and epg works sound, no hd glitching and i'll be happy, oh and load rats bouquets and that'll do.

if i can get it all done 2moro with not too many hiccups i'll be a happy man! :proud:

No bother mate you should be fine, cams etc are all in the download panel, you shouldn't any trouble, from what iv'e read the picture should be glitch free with these new boxes.

No bother mate you should be fine, cams etc are all in the download panel, you shouldn't any trouble, from what iv'e read the picture should be glitch free with these new boxes.
yeah hopefully thats the case mate and no gltiching at all, i have a HD sky box but obviously not been able to use it with my card in a 500c, i was gutted seeing all the hd channels for an hour then having to put the hd box away, lol. just 1 more thing, when i ftp into the box to change cccam.cfg, is the directory the same for this to a 500, var/etc/cccam.cfg

Nightmare Hd and can't see it, lol.

it's actually just etc, or var/etc they both get you there.

Nightmare Hd and can't see it, lol.

it's actually just etc, or var/etc they both get you there.
well no hd untill 2moro mate, lol, never had it though so never missed it at same time, but that 1 hour i did have it on i watched some footy, and the pic was mint, loved it, so im getting rather excited to get it up and running again, best not be a dud box and not even boot up haha!

I would miss HD now that i watch it.

you will be fine mate, box will be ok, once you get started it won't take long to get it sorted out.

I would miss HD now that i watch it.

you will be fine mate, box will be ok, once you get started it won't take long to get it sorted out.
ya right goose i think i'll get it up and running no bother with the help iv had from this thread, got general knowledge of boxes so should sort it no bother really, just like to make sure and i have this threads info if i get stuck along the line, just checked the tracking and it says it should be delivered before the time iv been given which is 1pm 2moro, so should be up and running perfect by tea time, do you have a 800 mate yeah, would you recommend the dream elite image or nabilo darkstar, read good about them both!

yeah i have a 800, i use the Dream Elite blackhole image, using the phoenix edition one now, the Nabilo image is basically older versions of the dream elite images, as i think it was the same person who coced them, he left Nabilo and went to dream elite.

I have tried most of the other images in multiboot and i honestly think the dream elite images are miles ahead of the rest of them, other people have different opinions but to me a lot of the other images look like they have been coded by children.

yeah thats the 1 iv downloaded mate, dream elite phoenix edition, thats fine then i'll stick with that, even though im going to try the gemini 5.10 that it comes with but cant see that staying on long, be in touch 2moro let you know if im setup,lol, thanks every1 who commented, much appreciated!

Last edited:
well...?
hows your new DM800?

PS: Great source of information here, answered all my questions thanks (apart from how to flash bootloader bit, seems all a bit hush hush)
rep added to the culprits.

Regards,
Crazzzy.

well...?
hows your new DM800?

PS: Great source of information here, answered all my questions thanks (apart from how to flash bootloader bit, seems all a bit hush hush)

Regards,
Crazzzy.
dont get it till today, giz a chance eh, lol, the threads only a day old :proud:!

Last edited:
well...?
hows your new DM800?

Regards,
Crazzzy.

mate, read post no 9 - gsmtech explains how to flash the bootloader.

wheres the download panel on this dream elite phoenix edition image, cant seem to find it, lol!

Back