Help Required with NFI + Dflash

silvershadow21

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening Guys

Hit a couple of problems tonight with NFI + Dflash.
(trying to backup image Open Pli3.0) Dm800se.

Firstly, with NFI, i download the 1.1 plugin from the download section, ftp across to the tmp folder (hope thats right), on the remote i navigated to the temp folder & tried to install the extension, this is when the box crashed, and tried to restart (but couldn't). I then just turned the box off, and a few minutes later, re-started with no problems, although there was not sign of NFI in the *plugins* setup.

With some advice on backup programs, i decided to try Dflash.

Navigated to the Plugins (via remote) /install extentions/Dflash.

when i tried to install, i was presented with the following error.

*opkg_config_load: could not create lock file
/var/lib/opkg/lock: no space left on device.
Execution finished!!

Think i need some advice please.!

cheers

Tom

Seems like you have run out of space.

Using Putty or any other telnet program, issue the following command and report back.

df -h

Internal memory?

Ahh, ok
here is what i have after executing the commands you told me about

dm800se login: root
root@dm800se:~# dreambox
-sh: dreambox: not found
root@dm800se:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 60.0M 59.6M 360.0K 99% /
devtmpfs 66.2M 4.0K 66.2M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
/dev/sda1 7.6G 28.7M 7.6G 0% /media/usb
tmpfs 66.3M 256.0K 66.0M 0% /var/volatile
root@dm800se:~# 

I am now assuming that the 99% refers to a *literally full memory*

How do i know what plug-ins to uninstall, and how does one go about this ?

cheers

Tom

To remove plugins, you go into plugns and there should be a button for remove. Before you do so, have you setup your epg to download to internal memory? If so, delete the file called epg.dat

To remove plugins, you go into plugns and there should be a button for remove. Before you do so, have you setup your epg to download to internal memory? If so, delete the file called epg.dat

Epg data is downloaded to the Flash disk (pen drive)

Within the plugin section, there is a button which says *remove Plugins*, advising you to press the red button , but when you do this is says *no New Plugins Found*.

stumped !!

What if you go into software management?
Also, what have you installed on your receiver? If you post, people can recommend what to remove.

Epg data is downloaded to the Flash disk (pen drive)

Within the plugin section, there is a button which says *remove Plugins*, advising you to press the red button , but when you do this is says *no New Plugins Found*.

stumped !!

Is there any plugins listed in there before you press the remove button?

And are you sure that epg is saving to the flash drive?

Sounds like you will need to reflash as its gone read only i reckon

What if you go into software management?
Also, what have you installed on your receiver? If you post, people can recommend what to remove.

Extensions i have installed

Apple movie trailers (dont know how to remove this, as it didnt work)
Cool Tv Guide
Cross Epg downloader
EPG refresh
Rats Picon updater
Rats Channel updater

what was already there in the image

Audio sync setup
auto backup
hdmi cec setup
media player
media scanner
osd 3d setup
openwebif
picture player

have checked cross epg, and the data is defo stored on flash disk.
========================================

This might be something.

When the box crashed earlier, when it rebooted , i dont know how or if i accidently accessed a screen where is listed EPG data/temp files, etc, and i remembered seeing something with 6MB of data, and it did have the option to remove some of these files, but for the love of god, i cannot find this screen again.

cheers guys

Tom

This might be something.

When the box crashed earlier, when it rebooted , i dont know how or if i accidently accessed a screen where is listed EPG data/temp files, etc, and i remembered seeing something with 6MB of data, and it did have the option to remove some of these files, but for the love of god, i cannot find this screen again.

cheers guys

Tom

Just found this information when you press the pvr button, but it all seems to be linked to the usb media, and not internal

I too think it will be easier to reflash. Put nfi tools on first. Those plugins you listed aren't very large.

Also bear in mind NFI tools wont backup the image anymore,something in the latest openpli updates has rendered the backup part fubarred

I now use Dflash to backup and NFI to flash lol

Also bear in mind NFI tools wont backup the image anymore,something in the latest openpli updates has rendered the backup part fubarred

I now use Dflash to backup and NFI to flash lol

JESUS CHRIST lol

Guys, thanks for your input this evening.
Something has definitely not gone right somewhere, and a will probably do a re-flash shortly.

Even tried to update the software to the latest Openpli3.0 from today, but just got the *green screen of death*.

onwards and upwards

cheers
Tom

we just love the hobby

would deffo say memory goosed

reflash it mate

once you have it to your liking

make a backup with dflash

happy days

Hiya mate , sounds like your epg is downloading too your internal memory , I use openpli 3.0 and sometimes I have noticed that the cross epg downloader locks out every other memory and downloads too internal and not too my pen drive , I don't know if its the downloader or the openpli software ! Once I've updated openpli I can access all memory on my box hard drive and pen drive !! Hope this helps !!

Hi guys

*Thanks for your input on this one.

I do now think that crossepg was to blame, as after a bit of research there seems to be a bit of a slight issue with this plugin, and after it downloaded the daily update “today”, I noticed for some reason it had reverted from the ext usb pen drive , to the internal memory (probably causing all the problems in the first place) (although I didn’t know how to check available memory, ) or delete epg data.

*I am going to just flash the latest Open pli3.0 image , and ftp everything else over later, then backup with dflash.

With this in mind, how can I prevent this happening on future epg downloads via crossepg ?

& how do you check the amount of internal memory (via the remote), that is available in your dreambox. I want to be able to check in the future, if there is any problems with memory being used up with plugins, etc,etc.

Cheers guys
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

if you ftp to /home/root you can see the the contents of the internal memory. The epg files are called epg.dat, just delete it.

On remote,
Menu > Information > Memory (or something similar)

if you ftp to /home/root you can see the the contents of the internal memory. The epg files are called epg.dat, just delete it.

On remote,
Menu > Information > Memory (or something similar)

Ok mate
Thanks for that. Any idea as to how to prevent the epg data from possibly again -downloading to the internal memory?

Cheers

Tom

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

not sure if you can mate

does seem to happen at times

@least its known can keep eye on it

Back