Help choosing a receiver

Rodders86

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i'm new to this site whats the best receiver to buy at a reasonable cost i'm looking for a sat/virgin combo box that you can input lines and use iptv and kodi. I'm not that bothered about recording at the minute i have an old spiderbox and 1m motorised dish which is out of alignment i'm wondering if its worth my while getting someone in to align it or just use the iptv or kodi to stream the footy which is mainly what i want it for and just get a fixed sky dish for 28.2. Any help much appreciated i've been looking at the zgemma h2h and vu solo boxes are these equipped to do the above?

Hi i can't decide which box to go with i've been recommended the zgemma h2h and also the edision mini combo is iptv and kodi easy to use on the h2h i mainly want it for the 3pm kick offs and movies? Can you add other apps like you can on an android box like mobdro e.t.c? Cheers paul

Zgemma H2h would fit the bill it is Linux though. The solo se with a combo sat/cable tuner would also be a option at the lower end of the price market.

Thankyou for the reply can the h2h and vu solo be flashed through the box or do they have to flashed using laptop and usb stick would you recomend realigning my dish or just use the iptv on the receivers are they good for the footy i have a t8 box for streaming and was wanting to combine it all into the 1 box is iptv the way forward or is motorised still popular? Cheers paul

Thankyou for the reply can the h2h and vu solo be flashed through the box or do they have to flashed using laptop and usb stick would you recomend realigning my dish or just use the iptv on the receivers are they good for the footy i have a t8 box for streaming and was wanting to combine it all into the 1 box is iptv the way forward or is motorised still popular? Cheers paul

Both flashed via USB for a better IPTV experience is go with the solo 2 se as it can run native Kodi the Zgemma can not.

Yeah zgemma wasn't designed to stream IPTV, would get something like a firestick for iptv

Hi i've been recommended the edision os mini combo are these decent receivers capable of iptv i'm not sure about the support for them as i've never really heard of the name before. I was edging more towards the zgemma h2h as they seem more common but told their unsupported boxes? Cheers

Hi i've been recommended the edision os mini combo are these decent receivers capable of iptv i'm not sure about the support for them as i've never really heard of the name before. I was edging more towards the zgemma h2h as they seem more common but told their unsupported boxes? Cheers

Zgemma are officially supported by many image groups OpenATV for one.

Vix wont support them because the sponsor behind the Vix Image does not sell them. A lot of dealers take that route. Does not make Zgemma any less a viable option because one or more teams dont support it. other do.

Back