Happy TM800 users write your comments any more improvements/ extra functions you want

Re: Happy TM800 users write your comments any more improvements/ extra functions you

a youtube player exists, ill try it now that a lot of the media codecs are running, it may well work. iPlayer has been ported to enigma2, and will be released as part of DMM standardised software at some point, its just a matter of waiting, but things like that are third party addons

Have you a link for the ipk?

Re: Happy TM800 users write your comments any more improvements/ extra functions you

If I'm correct, the images have a named default channel list to download. Every so often, they change this in the code to the latest one at the time of image creation.

I would like to suggest that the default channel list be called "TM E2 channel list.ipk" rather than "xxxxmotorisded 19April.ipk" (for arguments sake). Whenever a channel list is uploaded to the server, the latest one is merely re-named "TM E2 channel list.ipk". This will mean that if someone is using an image from 01 January and they do a factory reset on 01 December, it will load the latest channel list, not the outdated one that was referenced to in the image.

Sort of semi self updating.

I suppose this approach would fix any other anomalies with default settings as only one change on the server is required and people can re-install the default channel list.

the default channel list is an ipk package thats flashed to the receiver as part of the image m8, and if you choose yes to install it, its unpacked and installed (then not deleted, taking up space) if you choose no, then it does nothing except take up space.

What youve suggested is along the lines of an idea ive been toying with though as this is how rats channel list works ;)

Back