H2 multi satellites

kenrapson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Zgemma Star H2 for multi Satellites
I've set up my Zgemma Star H2 and it's working fine on both Cable and Sky UK. I've got a motorised dish with a single cable to LNB, which worked 100% on my old Blade bm7000s box to receive multi satellites. I would like to set it up to receive other foreign satellites on my H2 box. I tried unsuccessfully to set it up. Can someone help me with the setup preferably using Usals if not Diseqc.

Zgemma Star H2 for multi Satellites
I've set up my Zgemma Star H2 and it's working fine on both Cable and Sky UK. I've got a motorised dish with a single cable to LNB, which worked 100% on my old Blade bm7000s box to receive multi satellites. I would like to set it up to receive other foreign satellites on my H2 box. I tried unsuccessfully to set it up. Can someone help me with the setup preferably using Usals if not Diseqc.

Menu-setup-service searching-tuner config.

Simple
Positioner

Then enter your coordinates

Thats all there is to it.

I've a h.2h, I set it up like my old H1 USALS (H1 worked fine on USALS) but for some reason it struggles on anything below 10e. I have to offset the settings then when I do it misses anything after 28e, weird.

I've a h.2h, I set it up like my old H1 USALS (H1 worked fine on USALS) but for some reason it struggles on anything below 10e. I have to offset the settings then when I do it misses anything after 28e, weird.

Winds blown the alignment slightly out mate or mast not plumb ?

Only reasons i can think of for tweaking the coordinates.

Spot on Ferret :),I went up the ladder it was a mile out. I couldn't be arsed today faffin around so I banged it to 28.2e and left it for now. I will have to strip it back and start again

I'm due for a new motor , the top swivel arm on this is very lose but it's served me well ,,,over 12 years old now.

Spot on Ferret :),I went up the ladder it was a mile out. I couldn't be arsed today faffin around so I banged it to 28.2e and left it for now. I will have to strip it back and start again

I'm due for a new motor , the top swivel arm on this is very lose but it's served me well ,,,over 12 years old now.

well I kinda lied before , I didn't actually go up the ladder , I just wacked the t*at with the washing line pole while my lad shouted from the living room couch "It's working now "

all comes to all I went up and loosened everything off and started over again.
1) set the elevation of the dish,
2) set the motor, pole all perfectly plumb
3) made sure it was all squared up and pointing bang on south with the compass set to "0"
Went and tried it with USALS all set up correctly and naff all using a Zgemma h.2h. I fought like shit to get it to move or even find 28.2e.
I then spent the next 2 hours manually loosening it and manually swinging it west to east with no luck till I decided to start again but with a Miraclebox mini and low and behold it worked first time.

I had heard a rumour that the newer Zgemma's new tuner is utter dog turd well, on the sat side of things it is.

My sat runs a fair length coax cable back to front and the Zgemma couldn't deal with it were as the Miraclebox managed fine.
Eventually I got the Zgemma to work but it struggles with about a 1/3 of the sats.

They say never blame your tools but in this case the tools were to blame

3) made sure it was all squared up and pointing bang on south with the compass set to "0"
Went and tried it with USALS all set up correctly and naff all using a Zgemma h.2h. I fought like shit to get it to move or even find 28.2e.
I then spent the next 2 hours manually loosening it and manually swinging it west to east with no luck till I decided to start again but with a Miraclebox mini and low and behold it worked first time.

I had heard a rumour that the newer Zgemma's new tuner is utter dog turd well, on the sat side of things it is.

My sat runs a fair length coax cable back to front and the Zgemma couldn't deal with it were as the Miraclebox managed fine.
Eventually I got the Zgemma to work but it struggles with about a 1/3 of the sats.

This kind of thing take me back a bit mate recivers not out putting enough amperage to move a motor. Receiver in mind was a DM500S very low output amperage and it struggled to move a generic motor i had back then. The run to the dish was around 15 meters and i was getting less than 250ma at the dish end and the motor was rated higher than that.

I swapped out my coax for CT125 cable that saved me around 75 milliamp so i had 325ma at dish end if memory serves me right but it could still be hit and miss. So i looked at the amperage the lnb used and switched it out for a MTI LNB that was rated at using less power and that cured it.

Not saying you should go to that trouble but you can certainly help thing out for not a lot of money.

This kind of thing takes me back a bit mate receivers not out putting enough amperage to move a motor. Receiver in mind was a DM500S very low output amperage and it struggled to move a generic motor i had back then. The run of coax to the dish was around 15 meters and i was getting less than 250ma at the dish end and the motor was rated higher than that.

I swapped out my coax for CT125 cable that saved me around 75 milliamp so i had 325ma at dish end if memory serves me right but it could still be hit and miss. So i looked at the motor and lnb amperage used and switched it out for a MTI LNB that was rated at using less power and switched the motor to a stabb and that cured it.

Not saying you should go to that trouble but you can certainly help thing out for not a lot of money.

I think your right ferret, I'm going to change out the lnb. I think it was a cheap n nasty one donkeys years old.

Back