Gaming monitors

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always had a decent pc setup. My last build was a top end gaming pc.
Never had a good monitor to complement them though. I currently use an AOC U2868.

It's okayish, getting on a bit but I always wonder if I'm missing out. if my gaming experience would be better with a better monitor.
I'm not a good gamer but like to escape reality now and then. Especially anything open World.

I know there are a couple of avid gamers on here. Do you think my experience would be enhanced? Would I better spot an enemy from a distance?
But the most important questions would be, what you use and why?

Stick with 1440p gaming m8, yer in the same age bracket as me lol, reactions are probably shot to hell...lol

Noods wanna game of poker,not took yer money for a while ?

Ive got my PC hooked up to my Samsung 65" tv.
Im not fussed about FPS aslong i get smooth game play.
I can average about 90 FPS before i get any screen tearing, if i do then i just enable vsync.
As i can play in 4K with ultra settings the games look superb.

Why do i play on the 65"? Because i should of left it alone like my mum told me when i was younger, she said it would effect my eyesight 😄

Last edited:
Ive got my PC hooked up to my Samsung 65" tv.
Im not fussed about FPS aslong i get smooth game play.
I can average about 90 FPS before i get any screen tearing, if i do then i just enable vsync.
As i can play in 4K with ultra settings the games look superb.

Why do i play on the 65"? Because i should of left it alone like my mum told me when i was younger, she said it would effect my eyesight 😄
My AOC is 4k but I'm not overly impressed with the visuals. I too have everything on ultra. Football looks good on it through BT Sport though.
I was over at a friends a couple of months ago and he uses a 65" and GRW looked stunning on it. That was through a PS4 though so not an ideal comparison.
I don't want to go any bigger than a 28" really. I may have a little play with the monitor settings later, not that I think it will do much good.

I want a monitor for my workshop but thought it would make more sense to buy a dedicated gaming monitor and put the existing one in there.

Been checking out reviews for a few days now and have just bought this one through Amazon Smile, Prime sale.

Opted to stay with 4k as it will be my everyday monitor, YouTube, browsing, some work related tasks as well as occasional gaming. For the same reasons I decided on a flat screen rather than curved. Was looking at the Samsung Odyssey G7 1440p, but the curve was way too much for my taste, unsure if I wanted a va panel either.
Nearly opted for the Asus Rog Swift PG279QM though. Finger was hovering over the Pay Now button and I looked at the reviews again.

To be perfectly honest I could probably have put those choices in a hat, along with a couple of far cheaper monitors and been perfectly happy with whichever one I picked. I'm not a great gamer anyway but the visuals are important to me.
The reviews were very in depth and technical. Seems where one was a clear winner in one aspect it could equally be a loser in another. I basically hit the Pay Now button to put myself out of my misery.

It'll be here Friday, same day as the Virgin genius is coming to fix my router problem. Hopefully I'll be looking at something other than the pretty RGB lights on it. 😂

Back