Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

freeview glitching

cdy

Inactive User
Hi all,

The TV we have in our bedroom has a 'built-in' freeview receiver. We get all the channels, but it glitches every couple of mins. It's really frustrating if/when watching a show. Until recently we rarely used the TV, so no idea if this has just started or whether its a fault that may have been present since we bought the TV last year. (Over 12 months so out of warranty). I've fiddled around and discovered that 'quality' is 95% but the 'strength' is only 18%. Is this likely to be a prob with aerial and/or cabling or the TV's receiver? (I don;t have another freeview receiver to try)

Many thanks!

Hi cdy,

I've seen a similar problem before on another Freeview receiver...

Try clearing the memory of all transponders/channels (first-time install)... then use the 'Manual Search' option and download all channels from the strongest transponder signals available... your Freeview receiver might be scanning and downloading transponders/channels from another local transmitter that is not necessarily the best transmitter to use...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

OK, I guess I'll just keep fiddling with it. See what I can do. It's getting really bad. Glitching every minute or two.

Incidentally, I received a postcard from 'at800.tv' at the beginning of the week advising they're about to activate a 4g mast which will possibly cause freeview interference ......

Incidentally, I received a postcard from 'at800.tv' at the beginning of the week advising they're about to activate a 4g mast which will possibly cause freeview interference ......

That should have been the first port of call is to ring them and see if they can provide a 4G filter to try

Signal strength only applies to the filter at which frequency it provides the drop off from, Generally though it should be OK

i use saorview the irish freeview and tv in bedroom was unwatchable lately and was thinking aerial off,but its not as tv in kitchen is ok,so i decided in a reset and rescan and now works no glitching or freezing,so just a thought to give it a try.

Back