freesat HD

Im going to have a good flick around later when I have peace from the kids ;)

all sounds fun lol

Have you got hooked on Bedroom TV yet? Its not adult, its music :). Keeps me entertained for hours.

lol thats a very :err: entertaining channel
but your right P its certainly keeps you watching for the next video to see if its as bead as the previous one lol

Has anyone else noticed that the HUMAX freesat pvr has only 1 freesat tuner? the other tuner is a normal DVB-T aerial SD version (that wont be cmpatible with aerial HD) seems a bit shite to me

where is the info on this PVR hawkish ?

on a laptop of a rep that was in a few days ago!

it will only cost £150 for unit + install

ill see if I can get the training spreadsheet emailed to me tomorrow, then ill upload them here

Ive heard it having 2 tuners ,320gb HDD and retail between £250/£300

That's exactly what I've heard, maybe the £150 one is just a DTT PVR - there won't be a DTT HD box yet as OFCOM still hasn't made a decision, well not 100% fixed the format anyway. It will likely be DVB-T2 MPEG4, but until it's formally announced, nothing will be released.

whoops - just had the wrong price in my head - it is 150 for the hd box only - 300 for the HD PVR box! :Laugh:

Got a call from the distributor today and they say they are shipping the PVR to my store now (20 of them) - the normal box is not yet with them, I will up pics of it and will be able the photocopy the spec page of the manual to show here when they arrive - better than the sales slideshow as they tend to be a bit inaccurate.

Hawkish, the Freesat PVR has not been manufactured yet. It is due within a few months. The Freesat HD receivers are difficult to get hold of for independents and its only Argos, Currys, Dixons, John Lewis that have them.
The 20 receivers on there way to you probably arent freesat and certainly wont be freesat pvr, maybe DTT freeview? You may be lucky though and have first stocks Freesat HD receivers (without pvr) as independents will be getting them slowly as of next week.

Last edited:
The Freesat boxes have been available at Inde's since about Day 5 - Freesat soon realized that the multiples couldn't handle it properly :)

We sill have Humax HD in stock, got offered some Grundig SD & HD the other day, getting another batch of Humax next week.

picked up my humax hd tonight frm a comet store , lucky as there ws only 2 in stock when i rang up and reserved mine for pick up tonight , good box plenty of features and being able to scan both freesat channels and the entitire selection on 28 , and also being able to select between the 2 without havin to rescan all the time is a ease . have not got my hd tv yet but even the bbc hd channel looks better than standard bbc even on a crt .

are you thinking of upgrading to a HD tv anytime soon Dave ?

as you can imagine the picture is very clear and colours are vivid :)

hopefully will be upgrading to a hd set within the next 6 mths , just have to get the cash saved first lol

have seen it through my mates hd set and was very impressed

Back