freesat HD

Yes you can add non-freesat free channels such as Sky News, Horror channel, music channels, etc. At some point later i will try and create some kind of list and 'how to' guide on here. You can also use the receiver with motorised or disecq multisat dishes too, but only for free-to-air stuff.

Yes you can add non-freesat free channels such as Sky News, Horror channel, music channels, etc. At some point later i will try and create some kind of list and 'how to' guide on here. You can also use the receiver with motorised or disecq multisat dishes too, but only for free-to-air stuff.

It gets even better...
I bought this not knowing any of the above, i appreciate you doing an how to guide,but if it's the same for all freesat boxes i'll do a search and try and save you some work..
you've made my day pinkhelmet....

I read in the terms and condisions Pink that the sky box needs to be plugged into the phoneline for a year

I have a cable phone line does that make a difference ?

No its ok any landline, cable phone is fine.
Tbh with one receiver they dont bother to enforce it, and if you cancel the contract after the 4 months (which is fully allowed) then afaik you wont be held to the 12m condition anyway. They cannot ask for the box or dish back because the offer is "Pay once, watch forever" :). Just keep it stored in a cupboard and dont sell it if you are worried they will ask to plug it back into your phoneline within that year.

Just want to add tips, for anyone taking up the "Pay Once" offer for £75 or £67.50 from dixons (dish, box, card instal, 4 month subs).

#When you order and sign the agreement, make sure to tick the option to 'opt out of marketing' so that you get a reduced amount of material and calls trying to sell you more products & sky services.
#Dont forget that if you want cancellation you will have to notify 3 months after installation, giving 1 months notice to end the subscription after 4 months total. This means you do not get charged monthly and do not miss the oportunity to unsubscribe within the year.

Finally got my freesat HD fully installed today, to say i'm happy with it is an understatement..can't fault it.
After the dish installer did the initial set up, i went to Menu>>Setup>>Manual Tune and did an all transponder scan for the non freesat channels.. sky news,luxe HD etc,avoiding the need to add them manually.
Special thanks to Pinkhelmets for his tips and replies....

just reserved my Humax HD box and install from argos :Hit:

as ukbob said
Thanks Pinky

had a phone call from installer today :) and there fitting it Saturday :)

WOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :Laugh:

HDTV here I come ...Oh and fook Sky

well not a good start

they said installer would call me at 9am to give me a rough time of installation

no call as yet... so god knows what time or even if they are coming :(

you should have done it your self m8 its not that hard to do as long as you have a ladder and drill , better still i have seen it done before at head hight people say its not good but the guy said it did the job for him and if he ever had to get at the dish he did not need a big ladder

GREAT !!!! they ain't coming today :mad:

the installer never got the message he was doing mine today,so Ive sat in all friggin day for jack sh*t
now the wife is maoning that she has to saty in all day Monday

wheres the communication between people now days :aggressive:

Sorry too hear that john but no surprise m8 as it happens all the bloody time :(

GREAT !!!! they ain't coming today :mad:

the installer never got the message he was doing mine today,so Ive sat in all friggin day for jack sh*t
now the wife is maoning that she has to saty in all day Monday

wheres the communication between people now days :aggressive:

Have you heard anything yet Rat?, i'm feeling anxious for you :)

they phoned this morning and they said fitter would be calling between 11am and 2pm :) so we will have to see lol

but Im sure they will today :)

thansk for the concern Bob :)

This week BBC High Definition is a little bit dominated by the Chelsea Flower show. Fine if you like that sort of thing. Mind you, it gets worse its Eurovision in HD on Saturday.....
I think Rat may decide HD was not a good decision :).
Hope it gets sorted today though m8.

well its all fitted :) and HD is fantastic and is worth all the hype :)

so Ive got the chelsea flower show and eurovision to look forward to Great !! lol

now to search for xtra channels :Hit:

cheers for all the tips guys

done a non freesat scan and jesus there are some channels out there

god knows what multi sat must be like :err:

but I must admit there is some cack on there lol

live daytime phone in's
gambling channels
adult channels :eek:
loads of asian channels
millions of shopping channels :puke:

but some good ones too +1's music ect

all in all money well spent :proud:

is that the one where people are on their webcams etc singing??

car crash telly lol, its bad, but you have to look

Back