Files wont transfer

johnnyfive

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,
trying to ftp service/bouquet files to dbox using flashFXP but keep coming uo with error "tranfer failed " or to similar words to that effect, am i doing somthing wrong?, the pc is communicating with dbox, tried rebooting but to no avail, below is the list what i see when the transfer fails.

cheers

: snowflak [R] CWD /var/tuxbox/config/
[R] 250 Directory successfully changed.
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/var/tuxbox/config"
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 ASCII tastes bad, dude.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,36,123,209)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.2.36 PORT: 31697
[R] LIST -al
[R] 150 Here comes the directory listing.
[R] 226 Directory send OK.
[R] List Complete: 1 KB in 0.54 seconds (2.4 KB/s)
[R] CWD zapit
[R] 250 Directory successfully changed.
[R] PWD
[R] 257 "/var/tuxbox/config/zapit"
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,36,235,47)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.2.36 PORT: 60207
[R] LIST -al
[R] List Complete: 383 bytes in 3.20 seconds (0.1 KB/s)
[R] TYPE I
[R] 200 Binary it is, then.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,36,81,182)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.2.36 PORT: 20918
[R] STOR bouquets.xml
[R] 553 Could not create file.
[R] Transfer Failed!
[R] TYPE A
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,36,80,112)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.2.36 PORT: 20592
[R] LIST -al
[R] List Complete: 383 bytes in 0.08 seconds (4.7 KB/s)
Transfer queue completed
1 File failed to transfer

Can you view the files on the Dbox using flashfxp? but having problems getting them over...and have you set your network card to 10mb Half Duplex, turned off all firewalls + Antivirus.

Just looking through the log you posted, seems the FTP program does pick up the DBOX and grabs the directory listing; it even navigates to the folders you tell it to. Heres something I picked up:

[R] 200 Binary it is, then.
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,36,81,182)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 192.168.2.36 PORT: 20918
[R] STOR bouquets.xml
[R] 553 Could not create file.
[R] Transfer Failed!
[R] TYPE A
[R] PASV

Do you have the transfer type set to "Auto"? If you have; try changing it to ASCII and transfer the file. If that doesnt work, try changing it to binary. I'm probably wrong but this is just a thought as thats the only things in your log that I have picked up on.

It could also be that you have been locked out of your image - this randomly happens some times and I dont have a reason for it; the best way out of it is to flash a new image to this box (go for Sportster 1.7UK04)

Also as Stemcell says, temporarily disable any antivirus and firewall software you have - that makes a big difference.

Liam.

All firewalls and antivirus disabled, I can view the files but cant transfer

I get this locked image cr#p whenever I try the next gen image, as Liam says try another image.
It's not like there is a shortage in the download section.

I am trying at present to replace the boxcracker image with sportster 1.72 using flashing assistant but when i start the flash assistant and then power up the box it justs boots up as normal with box cracker 3.5 am i doing something wrong, i got the info to do this from the tutorial in the download section

cheers

get rid of the nullmodem lead
turn dbox off at the wall
run IFA
start dbox
it if doesn't flash then unplug dbox from the wall wait 20 secs and
plug it back in again, do not turn off IFA it should take by the 3rd unplugging of the dbox.
if it hasn't worked by the 3rd time then you have a networking problem.

I have tried with the power/on but still no image flash, i can see the files on my dbox using flash fxp , but cant transfer, this must mean if i can see them then the network is ok or not?
My box gets most channells the only one i need is setanta, as previous posts my boxcracker image doesnt let me scan, i tried to transfer the correct service/bouquet file using flashfxp , but keeps coming up with file transfer failed, and then when trying to put new image on dBOX Boots up as normal,
running out of time as footy is on tommorow

pls help

You read through the short IFA tutorial to make sure your not missing something from past experience with IFA my box will only flash if left off for a few mins before turning it back on, but you did check that you have set your network card to 10mb Half Duplex.

Still struggling to transfer any files using flash fxp, see files but transfer fails, cant even get new image on any help apprieciated

Try putting your PC into SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING by pressing F8 when the PC starts to boot up.... then click yes to continue to work in SAFE MODE from here you can try your FTP software again knowing for a fact that no Firewalls or Anti-virus software is running.
I can FTP into mine this way it just looks dam ugly :stickout: .

I eventually got it, i coudnt ftp service/bouquet files or use the IFA , i managed to ftp the new image to the temp folder and done a scan to find all the channels, there is still a slight problem if even a problem, the channels are all in alphabetical order does anyone know how to get this back to normal i.e bbc1,bbc2,itv etc.

thanks to all for help with previous probs. :Fish:

Create a new bouquet either using your remote or my favourite way using the pc...just type the IP of your Dbox into the Internet Explorer address bar and click GO from there you can create or edit a bouquet really easy.
Which image are you using as my screen shots are based on the sportster 1.7.

Remember you need to click save twice as shown in the screen-shots below for the changes to be saved.

2.jpg

Then

1.jpg

After doing a double save the changes to your bouquet will be instant obviously to hide the adult channel section just click on the Green eye then double save again.

Im using sportster1.7 uk04, i type in the ip of the box , connected via xover cable and nothing happens, just comes up with website found wating for reply, any ideas?

Have you changed the network card address on your PC? to 192.168.254.199 as the new image you put on has a different IP to the image you had on before, the new IP for your Dbox is 192.168.254.200 type that into IE after you have changed your network card IP <(do you know how to do this?).

I have changed the network card IP adress but still nothing, it communicates ok through flash xp,

Havn't read the entire thread properly but...

Are you sure the HTTP daemon is running?
Try this:

Start Menu -> Run
Type CMD into the box and hit enter.
You should be presented with the command prompt (black screen with white text).
Into the command prompt, type: TELNET and hit enter.

Some info comes up which you can just ignore.
Type: o 192.168.254.200 and hit enter (substitute the correct IP address for the DBOX)
Enter root as the username and hit enter to login.

You're now connected to the DBOXes telnet interface. To start the HTTP daemon, type:
chdir /bin [enter]
nhttpd [enter]

...and then try going to internet explorer.
The HTTP daemon is usually started by default but I have seen rare cases where the HTTP interface fails to load at boot.

Nice but long winded.
Start Menu -> Run
Type TELNET 192.168.rest of ip enter
root enter
cd /bin
nhttpd enter

Back