Few questions about Technomate 5402HD

Can confirm that these channels are presently on Intelsat 907 (27.5W) at 11495 V and being received on a Technomate TM-5402HD M2 CI Super+:

BBC One London
BBC One Scotland
BBC One Northern Ireland
BBC One Wales
BBC Two England
BBC Three
BBC News
BBC Red Button
BBC Four
CBBC
CBeebies
BBC Parliament
BBC Alba
301 (BBC Sport HD)
BBC Two HD
BBC One HD
ITV 1 HD
Channel 4 HD
STV HD
BBC Three HD
CBBC HD
UTV HD
BBC Radio 1
BBC Radio 2
BBC Radio 3
BBC Radio 4 FM
BBC Radio 5 Live
BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra
BBC 6 Music
BBC Radio 4 Extra
BBC 1Xtra
BBC Asian Network
BBC World Service UK
Radio Scotland
Radio N Gael
Radio Ulster
Radio Foyle
Radio Wales
Radio Cymru

Pressing the subtitles button simply results in the message 'No Subtitle'. Ceefax page 888 not available because pressing the text button results in message 'No Teletext'. Not sure if this is because no teletext service is being transmitted or if the TM 5402HD cannot decipher it. This feed is not entirely straightforward and the program info does not come up in the EPG either, so there may be some teletext in there somewhere if anyone is in the know?
Which of these channels can you watch? We need PID's for BBC THREE HD

BBC SPORT HD used VPID 6701/APID 6702/PPID 6701, but now it is off. Other pids don't work. Is BBC THREE HD on this transponder as an active channel?

Which of these channels can you watch? We need PID's for BBC THREE HD

Have to say I'm struggling with all the HD channels, all remain stubbornly showing 'No Audio/Video'. Either the PIDs have changed or they require a different BISS key from the SD & radio channels, not sure how likely that is.

Signal strength is 97% and quality about 70%, so possibly the HD channels require more quality than that for a lock so I'll try improving it.

Not sure what the problem might be, did you put h.264 for video, and mpeg-4 for audio? All channels are working fine, BBC THREE HD shows "Comming soon" screen. 70 percent is enough for watching

Not sure what the problem might be, did you put h.264 for video, and mpeg-4 for audio? All channels are working fine, BBC THREE HD shows "Comming soon" screen. 70 percent is enough for watching

OK, after fiddling around the other night I've cracked it.

I found that something very odd was going on, because I accidentally put the wrong PIDs on the ITV1 HD channel and got BBC1 Northern Ireland playing on that channel. Out of curiosity I ran through some other PIDs on the same channel and got BBC1 Wales & BBC1 Scotland after entering their PIDs into the ITV1 HD channel. I didn't think that was possible :S

Subsequently I got BBC1 HD going by entering the BBC1 SD PIDs, but the info box when viewing the channel showed 576i not 1080i so it was not HD, it was the standard SD channel. Still don't understand how the blind scan brought up a channel named BBC1 HD which won't work if you enter the HD PIDs but will work if you enter the SD PIDs. I then found this was the same for BBC2 & 3 HD.

So; solution, go to 'Add Channels' and armed with the knowledge of what I am looking for, manually selected the satellite & TP, which by the way is showing as 11494 V and sr 44102, then one by one the channel names and HD PIDs, plus of course change to H.264 & MPEG4 as you helpfully point out helmis and voila, all the HD channels are working fine and have the 'HD' icon in the channel list plus 1080i in the info box, except BBC3 HD which is working and in HD, but only has the 'coming soon' screen. Maybe the channels shown will actually appear soon? By the way, the PIDs for BBC3 HD are 7001 / 7002 / 7001 - I had been brute forcing PIDs by this point!

Back