fecking found out the reason why

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
i was mucking around in the bios as i thought where this was where my problem was enableing and disableing items in advanced bios and then resetting and trying to run the game a long shot was to disable onboard sound and the fecking game runs as smooth as a babys bum but now i have no sound any one any idea why onborad sound should stop the game running and how to get the sound back without fecking the game up again

I,m just glad yer nearly there m8,

I,m sure one of the techy guys will sort it soon

Scoot :)

buy a sound card never liked on board sound always had conflicks with it

i have a sound card but every time i try to fit it the fecker conflicts with my modem and i carn't dial out i spent quite some time to try to sort out the conflicts before but never did sort it out and removed the card without it ever being used

Fook mee my little Ewe Hefner Damage,

Ive just surfed a thousand site all containing onboard sound probs lol

Have u tried most of the tips on here m8

ht*p://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;812394

also found this post same prob onboard sound ,

but different game

Quote!!!!No problem. Also fixed mine. Turns out that there is a .raw audio file installed by GTA:VC when the game is installed, then it is placed in registry as a shared file (huh?), so it isn't unistalled whne you uninstall the game. My .raw file was corrupted, so I deleted it, reinstalled, and all works well now, one new sound card, and 12 installs later.Unquote """"

thx scoot i will have a look at them just to update you i hace fitted a outrageous 3d vortex card and the game does not run not only that any sound and video played at the same time will lock up my system and have to reset but no conflicts with modem there are no conflicts sshown in the device manager only one something to do with a wave device for my voice modem i tested sounds in directx and all was fine but i tired one of the 3d demos that is on the vortex disk which is sound and graphics and my computer hangs up and have to reset the prefered device is set to the vortex card in the mutimedia settings who can work that one out lol needless to say the game goes to the grey screen lol

im still having probs as well,keep getting SERVER TIMED OUT,been trying for 2 days now with no luck....... :mad:

are u using Zone alarm Zoo m8?

Click on the breakthrough icon an not the Allied assault one

Make sure yer firewalls giving acsess to the Mohaa Breakthrough exe file

Scoot : ]

zooropa said:
im still having probs as well,keep getting SERVER TIMED OUT,been trying for 2 days now with no luck....... :mad:

run through the process exactly what you do to join the server and someone may spot where you are going wrong m8

i think im doing something wrong,when i click breakthrough a get "insert cd"but im sure i changed the .exe on the breakthrough........ :mad:

if your getting that message m8 the patch is not installed correctly in needs to be in the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\MOHAA assumeing your hd is c:\ you need to copy and paste in you should then get a windows message asking if you want to replace the new exe. with the old exe. and you say yes

flashgordy31 said:
glad you found out what it was m8 :Clap: :)

flash:)
thx m8 and thx 4 your help not sorted the sound just noticed allroad has sound probs also . also don't understand why the sound should stop the game running but at least i can load it up now sound or not . i have come to the conclusion that amd and nvidia don't mix well also that opengl is not as compatable to games as directx

Most likely your graphics card is AGP, but if its PCI it might work in a different slot.
Or maybe try allocating on-board sound a different IRQ & address.

its agp m8 i have just had 10 mins on a game online not the same without the sound lol also have to set up all the keys again i will have a play with the seetings tomorrow

ive got and amd m8 and an nvidia geforce 4 128 mb graphics card works fine together if anythink i would think that the motherboard chipset and the g-card dont mix

Back