Epg

F7 MJS

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi put ten below backup image on my vu solo 2 with vu cable turbo tuner all ok got sat side and cable listings did a crossepg download all ok bar hd channels on cable side no epg non hd channels ok can any one help please thanks F7 MJS

Hi put ten below backup image on my vu solo 2 with vu cable turbo tuner all ok got sat side and cable listings did a crossepg download all ok bar hd channels on cable side no epg non hd channels ok can any one help please thanks F7 MJS

Anyway, having read your post three times, can figure out what the problem is.

Simplest solution:
Stop using Cross EPG. Enable Virgin EPG in epg settings. Set a daily zap (two minutes) to any of the channels on the same frequency as PVR-EPG

Other solution:
As cable channels ar edifferntg for each head end, Rytec does not have all the service references. You need to list the channels with missing EPG. You must list name next to teh service reference. Pass this on to Doglover who maintaisn the rytec epg data. He mainly posts on the PLI forum.

have you got epgrefresh installed and configured

Hi edogg yes I have it in plugin not done any thing with it what should I do thanks F7 MJS

Hi abu found epgrefreash in updates downloaded it took about 25 mins to download at the end it told me to reboot which I did and box went off started again but the display on front of box stayed on STARTING
it never moved , turn box off many times still the same , box saying STARTING never moved off that , in the end had to reflash image and start all again to set up box (not a happy bunny ) don't know what I did wrong , but don't want to download again in case the same thing happens can you help please thanks F7 MJS

Last edited:
EPG refresh is just a zapper. When you zap to a channel, the image soaks in the epg data. Where did you specify as the epg storage area?

Installing EPGrefresh normally takes less than 30 seconds and doesn't restart the box. Are you sure you don't have another issue?

Back