Electric car fires

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen alot of this recently especially in America and now the boat which is still on fire

One killed in cargo ship fire in Netherlands - with electric car suspected as the cause

The problem is, the battery just keeps re-igniting so when you think it's out bang, up it starts again.
In America they've had cases were recovery truck drivers are refusing to recover an on fire electric car incase it kicks off again on the back of their trucks.

The solution their using now is to try and recover the car then cover it in tonnes of wet sand in a compound and leave for 2-3 weeks.

One major highway recently in America had all 5 lanes closed for 9 hours for a car fire which is unpresidented.
I can see the export of electric cars becoming very difficult and costly in the years to come.
Oh and the ship on fire ?, they towed it out the shipping lane and it's still going now

i had an email from the shipping company i use to ship cars from japan a few months ago saying hybrid and electric cars need to now be shipped in refridgerated containers

Electric cars. Good idea in theory. Absolutely shit in practice.
They are great as a run around the city. For me, it doesn't matter how big the range of the battery is, I would not drive unless I am certain I can return without needing to charge AND with plenty of battery to spare.

I also think we're overlooking the harm producing the cars and batteries has on the planet - I am not an expert, but from what I read it is just marginally better than petrol cars in the long term.

I say bring back horses. Let's go full circle.

Hydrogen cars, once they introduce a way you can DIY kit it from home that's it game over

I personally think the technologies out there but there's too much money in petrol.
Google Stanley Meyer, even Tesla way back in the day fell foul to a similar thing.

I remember reading something years ago in the 80's about a tablet you suck like a sweet that killed bacteria and eliminated the build up of plaque basically reducing the need for toothpaste and dental visits.

It never got out the traps as those in power big pharma and the likes all claimed it would have some kind of long term side affect, all bolloks.
Imagine you invent an engine that is as fuel effient as water ??..

Oceans would be empty in 5 years, can't win

Back