Ebay now censoring feedback!

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an order go bad on ebay basically it didn't turn up and then there was little communication from the seller they just asked me to check with neighbours and that was it. After almost 3 weeks of waiting i opened a dispute and the seller sent me a replacement that i received 3 days later.

So i left negative feedback That reflected the experience i had. I got an email today that told me my feedback had been removed due to abuse of the feedback system. Basically the seller had asked for it to bee removed and ebay did. The negative mark is still there but the comment is gone.

Here is a conversation that i had afterwards. She closed the chat session abruptly after my last comment lol.

sargie22
Ive had feedback that i left for this item removed can you tell me why please?
Jane Maher
Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Jane. How can I help you today?
Jane Maher
Just to confirm your concern is about your feedback that has been removed?
sargie22
yes
Jane Maher
Can you give me the item number?
sargie22
Jane Maher
Thank you for that information. Let me just check your account. Please bear with me for 3-4 minutes, while I'm reviewing this, are there any additional concerns you would like me to address for you today?
Jane Maher
Are we still connected?
sargie22
yes
Jane Maher
Thank you for waiting.
Jane Maher
I understand you're concerned regarding the removal of the Feedback you left for the seller "everything-aquauk".
sargie22
Yes they treated me very badly over that transaction
Jane Maher
Please understand that there are certain circumstances in which we will remove the Feedback from the seller's record.
Jane Maher
These range from unforeseen circumstances to indisputable proof being provided. Each occurrence is reviewed objectively on a case-by-case basis. Due to privacy reasons, we cannot share the nature of the seller's appeal or why it has been removed.
Jane Maher
We trust that you understand our position in this situation, and know that each member's account records must stay between eBay and the member in question
sargie22
Well im sorry but it is disgusting! And as far as i can see you have removed feedback that they deserved. I had to wait over 2 weeks for them to do anything they did not reply to emails and they tried to get me to close a dispute without it reaching a resolution
Jane Maher
I'm sorry if you feel that way, rest assured that we don't take action if it's not meet our feedback policy.
Jane Maher
For this case, each occurrence is reviewed objectively on a case-by-case basis. Due to privacy reasons, we cannot share the nature of the seller's appeal or why it has been removed.
sargie22
Something very dodgy going on here.
sargie22
This is why ebay is riddled with scammers because of the way ebay conducts it's business
sargie22
You are protecting a company who acted badly
sargie22
Buyers have a right to know if a seller can or can not be trusted and by you removing feedback you are hiding the wrong that they have done
sargie22
absolutely disgusting!
Jane Maher
I'm sorry but we reviewed the feedback you left before we removed it.
sargie22
Ok so what was worng with it?
Jane Maher
As I've mentioned, due to privacy reasons, we cannot share the nature of the seller's appeal or why it has been removed
sargie22
So basicaly your covering for a company that earns ebay lot's of money.
sargie22
By censoring feedback!
Jane Maher
Please understand that I cannot assist you any further as I’ve already given you all the information and available options to address the issue while referring to our existing policies. If there isn't anything else that I may help you with, I'm afraid that I will now be closing this session so I could assist other members as well.
Chat Session Ended, Goodbye.
All over some poxy bio balls lol. The company also tried to get me to close a dispute too telling me they would refund me once i had.

unless Ive missed it
it dont say what your feedback comment were for ebay to remove it

maybe a neutral feedback with a brief description of the trouble caused ? as you did get the item eventually although very late

I would also be very annoyed tbh

I put

" diabolical after sales, poor communication paypal dispute needed to resolve"

Maybe a bit harsh but factual. They took 3 days to reply to my email and when they did they told me to check with neighbours. After i told them i had done this and had also checked with local sorting office i heared nothing more untill opening a dispute.

Back