Big scam on Vinted be careful

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So there's a absolute huge fraud on Vinted and I'm not sure how you can personally suss it before buying.
So my wife's been clearing out tonnes of gear and bought a few bits along the way. So she spots 2 winter coats and buys them. Both sellers had a few feedback so nothing to worry about.
5 minutes later you get a photo of a parcel as tracking not a link which gets the alarm bells ringing.
So how do you counter that?
Names ok
Bit of feedback
Clothes photos ok
Nothing untoward
With eBay you can kind of get a feel the seller's half dodgey but with this ?, not a chance

Just be careful hopefully she'll get refunded

They do but some people hit the its arrived thanks button before they've physically have it say its in a locker. If the scammers do it often enough they'll catch 1 or 2

I don’t understand why buyers would click on everything ok before they even have the item in their possession and checked the item is ok. They are just asking for trouble. It’s literally like leaving good feedback on eBay before you received the item.🙄
The only thing I don’t like about Vinted is if the items is not as described, you have to pay the returns postage.

I agree but this is the scammers game like cold calling. If they do it often enough like net fishing the catch a one or two out who'll click ok, why not a clue.

eBay's the worse, people ordering then sending their broke items back saying it arrived damaged. I sold an old decent phone once listed as not working faulty spares repairs. The buyer reviewed it, removed certain from my phone probably for parts he needed and put a claim in saying it wasn't working and believe it or not, the person was refunded by eBay.

But regarding the Vinted scam, my wife contacted Vinted and was refunded so no harm sone

Regarding how do scammers work it on Vinted ?. Well as you know you only get 48 hours to raise issues. I couldn't copy paste but here's how they do it so be careful:-

Screenshot_2023-10-16-23-20-29-800_fr.vinted-edit.jpg

Had to look up 'Vinted' on Google. 🫥
Its the wife who unloads alot but I recently bought a decent Belstaff jacket for half the price and it was immaculate, there's some decent bargains if you hunt but read above and be aware of the scammers.

Back