E66 Error on the xbox 360 update quick and easy fix

anon2012

Inactive User
Reaction score
BEAR with me im a newbie and a
this works with the old style Xbox

hi all just a very quick but easy tut to save u lots of time re flashing your drive back to its old firmware when a update come though or your account is possibly flagged by Xbox and they as you to do this update to verify a few things don't panic all is well .........

what u will be needing the knowledge on how to open up the case on your Xbox and get inside to remove the modified disk drive

a totally separate disk drive for the xbox doesnt matter if lens is broken or doesn't play games as not needed just needs to be picked up by your Xbox

OK have you recently had your disk drive modified turned on your Xbox tried to sign into Xbox live ask to do an update got half way though and received a error e66 message don't panic

make sure Ur Xbox is turned off and unplugged

open up Ur Xbox so it looks like this

lift up the CD drive it will come out pretty easy as it is not secured in and remove both the leads from the main board of your Xbox 360 mine has two of these ...

get your 2nd CD drive plug both wires into Ur Xbox turn it back on and sign into your profile and let it do an update on that Cd drive once done your Xbox will restart again once u sign in IT WILL ASK TO DO ANOTHER SHORT UPDATE leave the 2nd Cd on to do this once the 2nd update has done u can they go ahead and turn your Xbox off remove the 2nd hard drive and plug your modified Cd drive back in turn your Xbox back on and away you go back online with your Xbox you can still play all your chipped games as nothing on your 1 Cd drive hasn't been touched i.e re modded to accept this update

IF THIS HELPED PLEASE SAY THANKS

Back