E64 error after pot tweak. WTF

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
My hitachi 78 drive has lately been starting to give me alot of read errors. also i started getting unregonized disc with verbs on 2.4x. so tonight i decided to go for a pot tweak. i went from 4.4k to 3.4k. now i'm getting an E64 error.

HELP!!!!!!

Hi mate, double check you plugged all cables in properly, also if you got any try different ones,

hi mate, i checked all the cables and BINGO it worked. put it all back together and E64!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon the power cable is dodgy. try again tomorrow. had a few bombay saphires now to get over the shock.:Cheers:

E64 is firmware problem with the DVD rom. You have eliminated plugging cables the wrong way, something which is very easy to do. E64 occurs when something is wrong on PCB.

i always got an E64 error when i tried to upd**e my drive. checked all the cables this morning and noticed the cable going into the laser was loose,(might have been me when i took off the pcb again). put the drive back together again and E64. I then swapped the sata cable with a full size sata cable and it works.

could a loose hdmi cable cause an E64 because before the E64 error came up the xbox logo screen was all distorted and the cable feels really loose.

now an E74 error. i reflowed the resistor that was misplaced and still no joy.

BACK IN BUSINESS.

Reflowed the gpu and cpu,slapped on a bit of artic silver and everything seems to be working ok. :Cheers::proud:

lasted a week and it was back to e74. reflowed it last night and its working again. lets home this time it will last forever and ever.

I always seem to get the three red lights after a drive update I just pop some towels round it till I hear the fan stop and it has over heated I let it cool down and re-start it job done.

I know this is not the recommended way and could potentially harm your xbox but works everytime for me :0)

so far so good. this time i heated up the bottom side of the board and heated up larger areas of the topside. i'll invest in the extreme kit if it goes e74 again. :lsabre:

Back