vu ultimo hard drive problem

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, story is i seen a new catseye channel list was out so decided to install it like i always do, used dreamset which i always do, during the reboot the reciever wouldnt boot, just hung with black screen, so flicked it off at the back and left it a couple of minute, anyway when i flicked power back on box booted and got a error on screen saying perminent timeshift couldnt be started as the directory does not exsit, so thought hard drive straight away to press media button to get all my recordings up and theres nothing there, went into mount manager on vix image and my hard drive shows but mount is set to none and type which normamlly says ext4 says unavailable, tried to set up mounts again and the box just green screens, (well its black screen these days but just software crash) , ive gone into hard disk settings and tried a check file system and its come up error , anyone got any ideas of what i could do ? had 350gig of recorded stuff on the hard drive, error im getting while trying to check file system is below, thanks

IMG_0275.JPG

can you ftp to your HDD with DCC on p.c. and move all files to p.c. or other back up HDD.
And try reformatting the HDD then.?
I had to do this before when i just got my Ultimo.(need some patience)

can you ftp to your HDD with DCC on p.c. and move all files to p.c. or other back up HDD.
And try reformatting the HDD then.?
I had to do this before when i just got my Ultimo.(need some patience)

Hoya mate, no cant ftp into it threw dcc either, all i did was install the latest catseye channel list, cant understand whats gone wrong, seems to have corrupt the hard drive in some way, was thinking last night and pretty sure i bought this hard drive when i got my vu duo back in beginning of 2010, so not that old is it for a hard drive i wunt of thought, been thinking about trying to format all morning but would love to be able to save all the stuff on it, thanks

i've seen a lot off posts on various forums with people having proplems with catseyes channellists (crashes)but i saw non with the same HDD problem.
Anyway you can load a clean image on it 1.7.6 ? seems to sort most people with same cateyes problem

You could also take the HDD out an connect it to your p.c. with the right adapter like i did before and move your stuff that way before reformatting.

Last edited:
i've seen a lot off posts on various forums with people having proplems with catseyes channellists (crashes)but i saw non with the same HDD problem.
Anyway you can load a clean image on it 1.7.6 ? seems to sort most people with same cateyes problem

You could also take the HDD out an connect it to your p.c. with the right adapter like i did before and move your stuff that way before reformatting.

Hiya, 1.7.6. Is that a black hole image ? Would i be able to access the hard drive then connecting it to pc ? I thought it would just ask me to format it ? Ive got some adaptors to conmect hard drives to the pc , maybe worth a try then, thanks

Hiya, 1.7.6. Is that a black hole image ? Would i be able to access the hard drive then connecting it to pc ? I thought it would just ask me to format it ? Ive got some adaptors to conmect hard drives to the pc , maybe worth a try then, thanks
Yes 1.7.6 is black hole but any clean image (with no extra plugins) might sort it for you but if not ,then you could take out HDD for moving file and reformat.

Yes 1.7.6 is black hole but any clean image (with no extra plugins) might sort it for you but if not ,then you could take out HDD for moving file and reformat.

hiya, ive took the hard drive out and connected to pc , ive downloaded ext2 read, program to read ext2 to ext4 hard drives on windows 7, ran it and it sees everything on the hard drive, so by the looks of it all the stuff is on there, gona transfer it all over now and il let you know how i get on, thanks

hiya, while i was waiting for all the stuff to transfer over i had a little mess with my box, i tried to set up a usb stick and nothing i tried would work, kept getting errors when trying to initialise it , box would green screen if i tried to set up mounts, i managed to get a backup image off my hard drive which i had done 2 days ago, so flashed that onto my box and tried setting the usb stick up again, but nothing again, box would see it but couldnt get it going, so decided to download the latest vix image, 3.0.381 i think off top of my head, anyway flashed that and while i was doing the set up wizard i got green screen (software crashed) , it happened cause i acidentally went onto 1080p when choosing resolution settings, so at first thought something really wrong with my box, anyway box rebooted and i tried selecting 1080p again just to see what would happen, box green screened and rebooted so choose usual 1080i this time, got everything set up tried usb stick and it worked fine, so decided to cancel transferring all my stuff of my hard drive and test it, banged it in my ultimo and worked straight away, all my recordings etc were still there, so not exactly sure what happened but managed to get it sorted, thanks for replys thijss26 ,

maybe a corrupt image so ,you get that sometimes.
Glad you got sorted

Back