DW Panel - 0.2 alpha

Dont be sorry Kev :) its all fun lol Ill sort it tomorrow np mate

so do I need to enyer that ITVHD London back into that file again ?

I would suggest you go back to the one here @Rat before any recent messing which then rules out any changes you did for me.

It may mean any changes you made in last 2 days you would have to do again (except any you do for me) but I want to make sure your bouquets are back to pre-plugin amendment day.

I'll then upload a copy of these bouquets to the server under a different name for testing purposes only and then I'll redirect plugin to the test one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive already tried that Kev and the bouquet before that
none of them now reload

I even updated software on the image and tried again and it wont reload via DBE
I have to restart enigma everytime for changes to take effect

Now I dont know if I upload this to the forum will it affect others ?

Hold off for now as I've just changed bouquets to the ones dated 28th Jan and have same problem but this was BEFORE the change you did for me because you can go into that file and see that #DESCRIPTION line is still there so I wonder what happened.

I'm looking into it now.....

No sweat mate ;) Im sure its something simple :)
Have a break if ya like and restart tomorrow

:)

Having same issue with bouquets from September so the problem isn't the bouquets now because I hadn't even started the plugin back in september.

I'm thinking that DBE is somehow corrupted and is corrupting all bouquets as they work fine on box. Still looking... @Rat :)

But DBE was transferring fine up until today kev

Posted using Tapatalk

@Rat, When you get back home can you check you if you have a "Profile" local data directory setup or a "Global" local data directory setup, or even none within DBE ?

See my screenshot as an example...

Attachments

• dbe_ftp.jpg
    dbe_ftp.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1
Good and bad news @Rat.

Good News:
I got it working on latest bouquets from server and even using plugin seems fine now using DBE. I can go in and rename a channel and save ans send back to box without a problem.

Bad News:
I did a fair bit of messing around so not entirely sure what was the actual problem was and how I fixed it lol :)

I have Global Profile

Ive renamed a channel and saved it but its still wont reload channels

Last edited:
What was you messing with when you fixed it ? DBE or the bouquets ? @ketmp

@Rat,

I was messing with DBE and image at time (I'd given up on bouquets because it made no difference even from a bouquets from months ago so I knew it's not bouquets causing this now).

Try the following:

Flash the latest PLi image (see PM).

Uninstall DBE from computer, run ccleaner, restart computer and install DBE but to a completely different directory. This time I use folder "DBE" instead of the default dreamboxedit.

You should get first time setup when you start DBE (the bit about paying if you like it and having to wait about 15 secs). Change to a profile local directory (you can create folder) and setup IP address, etc.

So with a new image and new DBE manually transfer bouquets from 28th Jan (reboot E2 after manually transferring bouquets).

From DBE, make odd amendments like change channel name save and transfer bouquets back to box but as soon as this is done ALWAYS click on reboot Enigma2 (only takes a few seconds to reboot so no biggie).

Then use panel plugin to update to latest bouquets on server (remember 'Default' is the one that is pure your bouquets without any amendments by plugin).

Latest plugin below (as an ipk file now but on pli you may need to do online update if plugin doesn't install).

I've just used this exact version of plugin to download your latest bouquets (default) and can manually amend channel names and save back to box and reboot Enigma2 and still okay :)

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-dwpanel_v0.6.4beta_all.ipk
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
what DBE you using Kev ? @ketmp

DBE and bouquets now reloading :) Phew!
didnt get the option to change location Kev so I just kept it the same and it works

now to install the plugin

Newest version.

Don't try changing regions just yet whilst I continue to do more testing :)

Just remember I restarted E2 from within DBE after transferring bouquets back to box. This is something I never did to start with but it's good practice as it would stop the no nim error.

Too late lol Ive been changing regions

All seemed to be OK mate back and fourth between several regions and back to default

Too late lol Ive been changing regions

All seemed to be OK mate back and fourth between several regions and back to default

No problem. Keep trying then today and i'll do the same. When using DBE, just remember to use the restart E2 from within DBE.

If it's okay today then either later tonight or tomorrow I'll post in mod room.

Need to know what/how it happened though to ensure it doesn't happen again.

This version closes files after opening them (in case corruption of somekind caused it) caused by plugin opening files and not closing them.

@Rat,

That #description is back again now since you uploaded your latest bouquets. This is put there by DBE so it will always come back again for any channel you rename from default channel name.

I've thought of a possible work-around to save you having to keep removing it and that is the plugin removes that line.

I've just tried it now and seems to work. It does, however, leave a blank line in your entertainment bouquet file where #description was but it doesn't seem to bother my image.

Could you try v0.6.5 and see if it your image likes it or not?

Attachments

• plugin v065.rar
    4.4 KB · Views: 1
Ive noticed if that link is removed then it dosent show on screen as London
just says ITV HD
all the other ITV HD regions say what they are

I added it back last night mate when I renamed to see if DBE would work lol I forgot to remove it tbh

Leave it as it is for now to see if images have no problems with it.

Images display name changes (ie the regional ones the plugin does) because they can read the regional name at end of the service reference. However, DBE, i've noticed doesn't do that so will read default name unless it has #description after the service reference.

If you could keep trying the new plugin like I am and obviously DBE still works and can hopefully release in mod room :)

Thanks @Rat

Back