DM800 - Every HD channel showing 'TUNE FAILED'

I've got one witchy, Call it a score and you can come pick it up.

If it doesn't sort your problems you can have your cash back.

I've got one witchy, Call it a score and you can come pick it up.

If it doesn't sort your problems you can have your cash back.

Where are you mate?

The Blochairn guy has arranged a refund for me on Sunday, but that would leave me without a Sat box until I can source another, I'd rather try and get the one I have just now up and running prperlly, so your tuner would be ideal mate.

Last edited:
Where are you mate?

The Blochairn guy has arranged a refund for me on Sunday, but that would leave me without a Sat box until I can source another, I'd rather try and get the one I have just now up and running prperlly, so your tuner would be ideal mate.

Airdrie.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow though!

Airdrie.

You'll need to wait until tomorrow though!

Excellent, PM me your address mate and a phone number if possible, and I'll see ye the morra ;)

What model is the tuner BTW?

flippin heck,
theres plenty of highlanders on this forum.
are you all related or something?
lol

Excellent, PM me your address mate and a phone number if possible, and I'll see ye the morra ;)

What model is the tuner BTW?

Its a k tuner IIRC, not one of the newer ones so you'll still need the in line amp.

You can pick it up, if it works paypal me £20 if not then just bring it back up mate.

flippin heck,
theres plenty of highlanders on this forum.
are you all related or something?
lol

lol, I was just thinking that myself. :)

The real reason is that were all tight arsed Scots who want to do things as cheap as possible ;)

Another thing you might notice is there are hundreds of us on this forum that all live with 5 miles of each other!

Its a k tuner IIRC, not one of the newer ones so you'll still need the in line amp.

You can pick it up, if it works paypal me £20 if not then just bring it back up mate.

Awesome mate, pm me your PayPal address too.

This might not fix yours but mine is the complete opposite to everyone else's box
when i got mine i installed the fan which came with it as soon as i got it and my HD channels said tuner failed so i bought the inline amp and it was still the same
i then bought one of those twin fans that sit underneath or on top of the box but still tuner failed

so i thought fook it lets see what its like without any fans so unplugged the one inside and took the twin fan off, left the inline amp in place and you guessed it after about 10 minutes the HD channels started to work

now when i turn it on from cold the HD channels say tuner failed but once the tuner gets nice and warm after about 10 minutes then all work no glitching at all

I have had it like this for about 5 months its left on most days 24/7 with no problems
so give it a try the biatch might like to be hotty hot like mines :)

This might not fix yours but mine is the complete opposite to everyone else's box
when i got mine i installed the fan which came with it as soon as i got it and my HD channels said tuner failed so i bought the inline amp and it was still the same
i then bought one of those twin fans that sit underneath or on top of the box but still tuner failed

so i thought fook it lets see what its like without any fans so unplugged the one inside and took the twin fan off, left the inline amp in place and you guessed it after about 10 minutes the HD channels started to work

now when i turn it on from cold the HD channels say tuner failed but once the tuner gets nice and warm after about 10 minutes then all work no glitching at all

I have had it like this for about 5 months its left on most days 24/7 with no problems

Thats what mine does mate.

lol, you both get 'Tune Failed' until your tuners heat up? :err:

Fook it, it's worth a try, I'm gonna unplug the fan and see what happens........

yeah mines exactly same too,

How long should I wait and do I need to have it tuned into a HDTV channel to heat the tuner up?

lol

This is fecking nuts.

OMFG!

I can see Discovery HD, it's glitchy as fook but it's there!

Ah, now it has frozen completely and the Tune Failed message popped up, but that is the most action I've seen in days from any HD channel.

E4 is working great!

I was sure you guys were talking pish, lol

Eurosport HD is working fine too.

Last edited:
that is damn wierd
might be cos you lot don't need fans,
all that fookin cold weather up north keeps all your electronics cool to the touch ;)

Back