DM600 Noob Enigma 1.0.2

Been using this image for a couple of weeks now. Great picture quality, perfect scanning, easy to setup. Fantastic & thank you.

Try using one of the other CAMs m8.

THANKYOU mrdude all good and working!! this is a great image to piece all the bits of info together to know how it all works....just by installing this image and getting everything running i have learnt a lot. :)

Put this on last night, worked perfect. Evo and gbox both cleared very fast. For some reason i had interference with the s-video out with the Gemini image but not with this one :banana:.

One question about it where is the option to put your picons in the tool box insted of the now and next pic?

Last edited:
hi there everyone
this is my first post in your wonderful forum and i would just like to say thanks
I flashed my 600t with this image and scanned on mmds system in carlow found channels and cleared straight away awesome work thanks once again.

G

excellento perfecto magnifico.great image stable no problems and also fast scanning for fife is tremendous takes just a couple of mins :)

The cams are auto update, just leave on an encypted channel and they will clear after a while - if you are having problems getting evocamd to update - try mgcamd.

Sorry to be a noob, but how exactlly do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Once you have loaded the image turn to a channel like S** Sports1 and leave it on there until clears.

Thanks for the reply.

I have left it S*y Sports 1 and it hasn't cleared, therefore can somebody tell me how to change the cam to mgcamd?

Thanks.

I have deserted mrdude for the longer epg so I maybe wrong but to install the cams on this image you have to copy the files manually to the dreambox. Download the cams from the internet and then check the sticky for the file locations.

Press blue button, all will be revealed :p

How stupid do I feel now! I've set a couple of 500's for friends and family and didn't think to press the blue button on my 600. Doh.

Expect equally dumb posts tommorrow when I go out to buy a hard drive for it.......

Thanks for the responses.

Any chance you can post the source mrdude.

The cvs is freely available from the net m8, all the info to turn the image into a UK based image is found in the dreambox image school on this forum.

tis all tuxbox-cvs code so anyone may check cvs out :) :) although ul have to compile via OE
which takes 10 hours + lol

if u need anything specific just ask :)

cheers

osborne82

Just thought the image was a good one, would be a good starting point for many wanting to build a 600 image.

After a read this morning & the key update yesterday, I wasn't the only one who didn't seem to autoupdate using this image and evo.

A change to gbox seemed to do the trick but I did notice that a change to mg then reboot cam was reporting evo after reboot, is evo set as default, should it not stay as mg after reboot if changed?

been in and had a look in usr/keys camd_cfg at this:

# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: { 01 }

I'm assuming this is autoupdate, what the diff between 01 & 02? would this have made a diff with the update?

addition: (been advised in another thread this should be set to 02 to stop probs with rom10 keys but i'm sure MrDude has advised deleting additonal roms for same reason which I had already done so still unsure if this needs changing, I did anyway)

I still feel something is not quit right in my /keys directory as I have 2 keylist.txt files which I didn't think would be possible! Also in the nagra file I can see the new keys added when I changed to gbox but these are not in either of the keylist.txt file or when reporting current cam info of evo.

I didn't think I'd fcuked with these files as the image just worked, but I could of I'm like that.

I'd rather try to workout and amend what's happened than just reflash from scratch as things are still working fine and I want to learn more. any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey dudie :) top image mate, well done like the splash screen.

Just a quick question (as always) i cant seem to go up and down the channels,ie channel up with up button etc.

Up button seems to step up channels but the down button does nothing.

Any idea's?

Gaz

Maybe your remote control is broken because it works fine for me, You can always go into the setup/expert setup settings and change the remote control settings to what you prefer.

Is there any way to get a longer EPG on this image similar to the Pli image?

Thanks.

The PLI Helenite image has a plugin which is installed automatically and you can only download it from their site and without it you cannot install the longer EPG.

Back