desperate help needed please.

hi, what is the port splitter?? and where do i get it from and install??

i have a feeling also my next problem is the signal, searched for half an hour but still no signal, message keeps popping up "poor reception are you in a building"
it looks like the antenna is none compatible as when i plug it in the message changes back to no gps device. un plug it and it waits for valid signal again.

hi, what is the port splitter?? and where do i get it from and install??

i have a feeling also my next problem is the signal, searched for half an hour but still no signal, message keeps popping up "poor reception are you in a building"
it looks like the antenna is none compatible as when i plug it in the message changes back to no gps device. un plug it and it waits for valid signal again.

mate you got it!
unplug the antenna.
The internal gps antenna, do you have an extension on the outside?

Port splitter is a peice of software that allows you to share the port. The system that you got uses one port with multiple systems coming out of it, ie, sound, gps, video and so on. the port splitter allows tomtom to differentiate between which is which...or something like that lol.

hi again mate,
ive tried all day switching between each baud setting but it just comes up with the message waiting for valid gps signal.
and weak gps signal are you inside a building....

it should have an internal antenna im sure...

as for the port splitter it has to be worth a shot, where do i get it from and how would i install it onto my device?

could it be put on a sd card and inserted into the slot? im not sure how i would connect the device to my pc, or am i being even more thick than usual?
also how would i be able to run the wi ce 5.0?

hi mate, i have stuck it on a usb stick and inserted it but again nothing happens.
i have a feeling im stuck here mate.

ah well mate, sod it. its coming out and going in the back of the cupboard.

thanks for trying anyway mate.

morning mate,
heres the latest news!!!lol!!!
this thing has propper baked my head and its now 3 days since the wife talked to me,(sometimes a god send)
anyway... i have emailed the retailer where the wife got it from and ordered an upgrade accessories kit that comes with the following, reverse camera, tv antenna, gps antenna and free IGO 8 on a 2gb sd card, for only £35 plus delivery...
so when it comes i will start from scratch and see what happens... in theory, it should more or less start up and run straight away.. if it doesnt, then i may arrange a time to pop down and see you and try to get a result if thats ok, a time thats good for you.

so matey, watch this space and i will update you in a few days when it turns up.
if it does work, then i will back everything up and create a link on here somewhere for others to download the software etc for other devices.
what are your thoughts??

That sounds good mate. The camera kit and all that be woth more than 35 quid alone anyway.

thats what i thought so it has to be worth a crack, even if it doesnt work for the gps at least its not a waste of dosh.
will keep you posted mate.

if you get stuck any more i am in south yorkshire and could maybe help you out . just building my second in car pc ssytem and have had countless hours of setting up different gps systems

also on news groups so theres a lmit less amount of tomtom softwares to try

that would be brilliant mate,
i have spoken to the dealer who i purchased it from who said there should have been an antenna with it and will look into it, but i have ordered the job lot acessories pack to be sure.
it should be here any day now so i will have another go mate and if it sends me mental again i will send you an sos.

if you get stuck any more i am in south yorkshire and could maybe help you out . just building my second in car pc ssytem and have had countless hours of setting up different gps systems

also on news groups so theres a lmit less amount of tomtom softwares to try

hi hollow,
still having a nightmare with this system, the gps antenna never arrived and i have just been issued with a refund, so, is there any way you can help me? i am trying to run tomtom one version 3 but after purchasing a couple of gps antenna, reading the instructions, they are compatible with tomtom one but not version 3 for some reason. so i would like to try another software.
if you think you could help, please drop me a line or call me on [removed by hackmax].
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
is there anyone with a good knowlege of setting up gps systems able to help with this one. it is almost there but i simply do not have the know how. new antenna will be here tomorrow, its is loading tomtom one and sygic ok but i need someone to help finish set up. i am willing to travel and obviously pay for your time.
thanks everyone.

Hello mate me again. You've got both working but no GPS signal.

With the new antenna arriving tomorrow give that a try.

Personally i think it is at the stage where you originally had it. You said that this other software automatically picked up the Baud rate and com port which means you have all the settings you need for tomtom.

With the new antenna and the correct settings tomorrow, give it a whirl. Put in a postcode where you want to go and just drive around for 30 minutes see if it picks up signal on the tomtom.

If it is a case that you need to get this one working then if no luck, come down to me on the weekend anytime and i'll sort it for you (no charge!!), otherwise you can buy a standalone TomTom for £80 quid these days.

nice one mate.

the only problems i have now is
1, the working sygic program is setup with an italian map so needs uk maps installing
2, the uk verion i have loads fine but the maps need unlocking with the key gen siupplied but i cant work out how
3, the version of tomtom 1 is running version 3 so the other antenna was incompatible.

when the antenna comes i will plug it in and see what happens then let you know.

if i am struggling coming down over the weekend will be no probs at all.

i will drop you a line and update you on the progress.
cheers

no mate, it is the same as the tomtom 1, it is waiting for gps signal, it definately needs an antenna aparently, no inbuilt antenna according to someone selling same items on ebay,
i wish i had known from the start it could have saved us ages of pratting around.

the antenna i got a couple of weeks ago fitted ok but for some reason tomtom one version 3 needs a unique antenna for some strange reason. i almost tried a dedicated tomtom antenna but the instructions said it works with all versions of tomtom including tomtom1 except version 3.
nightmare.

so this sygic should be ok with a bit of luck.
failing that i have been told by tomtom themselves that it will work with tomtom navigator 6.
but......... like i said when this antenna comes i will try it with the sygic and if it works i will pop down to see you and let you add the maps or some thing if thats ok.

Back