Crops

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on here has an allotement?? or planted at home??

ive got patatoes, Tomatoes, Sweet peppers, Chillis, pumpkin and strawberries..

Will have my first strawberry ready for harvest next week.. cant believe how big it is..

anyone else got anything on the go??

Fair play to you fella this year I,ve had a go at Chillis,Little jems,3 varieties of toms and quite a few herbs lol:proud:

Strawberries coming on well now.. tthe first ^^ above measured 6cm in size.. we're getting 2 a day, ideal for the kids to eat healthy.. the runners are takin over now so maybe produce more this year..

patatoes doin well.. tomatos/chillies have done really well in the hot weather. but the pumpkins havent done so well.. :(

Got some herbs aswell.. gonna have a go at makin parsley sauce etc.. what to do with the mint though?? out at the crack of dawn feeding them.. and when i get home lol.. lot of work though :)

next year will have more land to grow.. happy days..

Got some herbs aswell.. gonna have a go at makin parsley sauce etc.. what to do with the mint though?? out at the crack of dawn feeding them.. and when i get home lol.. lot of work though :)

next year will have more land to grow.. happy days..[/QUOTE]

Mint has to be in the sun n part shade mate make sure you have a good quality of soil and in the close season prepair with bone meal n growmore water at night when sun gone down.

Myself iu have grown alsorts from all herbs,toms,cabbage,broccoli,carrots,spuds,chillies,beetroot.lettuce.

its all a learning curve and i myself is still learning i am going to get a mechanical sieve as i want all my area stone free as possible i will be hitting it hard this winter to make sure im ready for the following harvest.

just pulled up today some spuds and a beetroot ready for tea tonight and i must say u never have had a better spud than what u grow in your own garden

Just have some strawberries and spuds on the go at the moment. The folks have spuds, spring onions, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, strawberries, potatoes, peas, rhubarb and garlic going at the moment in their garden. Most of it's doing really well except the cucumber.

Back