Cooltv guide only showing FTA channel data

h4x0rm1k3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been searching around for the past couple of days now abd haven't been able to sort out my issue. Basically, i'm running HDMU 11607 on my alien 8900 and up until about 5 days ago the epg was working fully including all sly channels. One day when I got up for some reason I could only get FTA channel data and on the sly ones only now and next but the now and next only shows when I land on the channel otherwise it's blank! I'm using crossepg with cooltv guide (both latest) and I store the epg data on my external flash drive. The flash drive shows that the epg data is there and i've found no other copies anywhere in HDMU apart from the folder HDD which also has crash logs which I find strange in itself due to the fact that I have it set in crossepg to use the flash drive, i've tried to delete the epg.dat file in the HDD folder many times but it keeps coming back so I don't know what to make of that!

I am going to try another image at some point (maybe the new HDMU) but as I have an N-lion I find most images a nightmare to set up a cam to use the lion and i've tried literally everything i've found online to try and get it working in other images so i'm stuck with HDMU (not that I mind 'cos HDMU is a great image when i'm not having issues like this!)

So, does anyone have any ideas what might have gone wrong or what to try next 'cos i'm at a loss and to be honest i'd rather stay on this HDMU image rather than moving to a more up to date version as I doubt it'll give me anything of interest newer so I don't see a reason to switch, plus what's to say that I won't face the same problems? Also, i've even tried different epg providers aswell as opentv including the rytek sly uk & xepgdb ones with no luck either. Any help with this matter will be very much appreciated 'cos i'm nearly down to my last few strands of hair trying to puzzle this one out! Thanks

Ok, I tried the latest Hyperion v3 (buzz image) and although in cross epg it only comes up with HDD or internal flash it did show a full epg when I selected HDD. I couldn't stick with that image though 'cos I could only get oscam-ymod working with my line and it glitches every min or so! So, i've had to go back to my HDMU backup, tried to find HDD but it's been replaced with my flash drive so I can't select HDD on this image either and now i've got no epg data at all which is strange 'cos I had FTA data yesterday! So, I'm back at square one now, think i'm gonna have to live with it unless someone else comes up with an idea.

Back