Connecting TM-5402 To Router via USB WiFi Dongle?

Pimpur Crack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Is it possible to connect a patched TM-5402 HD receiver to a router for internet via a USB WiFi dongle?

If it is could anyone please recommend a USB WiFi dongle that is known to work OK with a TM-5402 HD receiver?

Cdmt
Pimpi

You cannot use a dedicated USB wi-fi dongle as the 5402 does not contain any drivers to be able to recognise the dongle in the first place, The closest you will get with this is either use the Tenda or Vonets wi-fi bridge dongles both are around £18 i think.

To be honest though with the price of Powerline ethernet adaptors starting at £20 and being more reliable i would probably go with the adaptors over a wireless connection, That is of course if you have a spare mains socket near the box

Shortage of power sockets without gang-plugs steered me to a wi-fi solution. Got myself a Buffalo Airstation (about £40 from Amaazon) at the start of the year to connect both my 5402 and my SKY box. Easy to install/set-up and works fine.

Shortage of power sockets without gang-plugs steered me to a wi-fi solution. Got myself a Buffalo Airstation (about £40 from Amaazon) at the start of the year to connect both my 5402 and my SKY box. Easy to install/set-up and works fine.

Sounds like an interesting gadget- does it pick up the wifi signal & output it to RJ45's?

Yeah, there are a few similar devices around from various manufacturers. this one has two RJ45s and can alternatively be configured for applications such as wi-fi extender (its output is stronger than my "basic" orange netgear router.

Back