Commando 14.6 DM500 Release

hi m8

as far as im aware you can change you reagion once flashed but as for the regions your after im not sure if they are there or not i didn't take any notice when i did mine just picked central, but im sure someone else will put you straight.

thanks mate yeah ill wait for someone to confirm as i need to be able to flash and setup properly, from flashing and installing cccam did you have to do much other customisations or does it pretty much sort itself out from there!

setting the regionals is simple ow.

blue button> EPG and Autobouquet wizzard > yellow button

just choose your regional bbc and itv channels then run "autobouquet" now.

cheers buzzer mate, ill grab 1 of there boxes when iv got the chance as a few of my customers also have these boxes so if ican get 1 setup nice then take a backup then i can do them all, as personally i couldnt live without an epg to see whats on and thats what they are have to deal with so this is perfect for them, i know it can be done on pli images but it was always abit of a chore, is there anything might help me set this up easier or is it just flash with dreamup, cccam into var/etc/emu, ftp the cline over and a simple setup then thats it!

its a doddle m8.

flash image, cccam file goes in var/bin/emu, cccam.config file goes in var/etc, then remember to start the cam...

blue button>extra's menu> cccam> start ccam.

that's it m8..

the big advantage of this image is the epg, its simply superb and look great with the picons...

i set my getepg to run on startup, it only takes 2 minutes to download the epg,
that way there is no messing with timers or fook all...

nice and simplez.. :)

its a doddle m8.

flash image, cccam file goes in var/bin/emu, cccam.config file goes in var/etc, then remember to start the cam...

blue button>extra's menu> cccam> start ccam.

that's it m8..

the big advantage of this image is the epg, its simply superb and look great with the picons...

i set my getepg to run on startup, it only takes 2 minutes to download the epg,
that way there is no messing with timers or fook all...

nice and simplez.. :)
spot on that mate, cheers, will report back once iv managed to get a box to try it, lol, harder than ya think ha!

l had afew problems with the last image with sound stopping and starting but this is great no problems at all and the area mapping is so easy ,,

the one thing l cant sort is the auto epg l have read the readme but still havnt a clue lol .. anyone ?

l had afew problems with the last image with sound stopping and starting but this is great no problems at all and the area mapping is so easy ,,

the one thing l cant sort is the auto epg l have read the readme but still havnt a clue lol .. anyone ?

what problems you having m8?

l want the epg to update at night m8 say 3 in the morning but cant work out how to setup , is there a plug in lm missing . cheers

l want the epg to update at night m8 say 3 in the morning but cant work out how to setup , is there a plug in lm missing . cheers

simple m8 blue button, then yellow for timers set your time, the daily, and down botton select excute plugin and pick the one you want.

cheers m8 l set as weekly . is that ok as its 7 day ?
IMG_0266.JPG does this look right ?

Why not set it daily then you will always have 7 days epg?

I also would personally set a reboot timer before the epg one,it always helps to flush the box before a epg retrieve :)

but thats in the bedroom will it not just turn the tv on as we sleep ? ie wife kills me at 3 am lol

No m8 not unless you leave the tv on and turn the box off at night usually?

The box can reboot and download the EPG without interfering with the TV :)

wot was l thinkin ? thought the scart would boot tv .. getting old lol

how the lads found the space on the 500 for this is amazing .., very clever , and well done to all

Last edited:
tbh the best way is to set the epg plugin to download on boot,and then just set a reboot timer to run every night or week,which ever you prefer :)

Back