Commando 14.6 DM500 Release

works well ,ive never tried this as ive always stuck to pli
but im impressed with the epg and the look of it.
But i cant set the proper volume buttons and i cant figure out
where the mgcam goes or if its supported?
cheers guys

yes, there is mgcamd support for testing and educational purposes, all files cAsE sensitive!
mgcamd in /var/bin/emu/
libcrypto.so.0.9.7 in /var/lib/
mg_cfg, newcamd.list in /var/keys/
sealions in cccamd.list in /var/keys/

changing volume buttons:

main menu > settings > keybinding > keybindings

set key subchannel up = rc_plus (>)
set key subchannel down = rc_minus (<)

set keysetup volume up = rc_right (vol+)
set keysetup volume down = rc_left (vol-)

Changing volume keys in Commando 14.6 is NOT a very good idea... Extract from the General Hints and Tips doc included in the image:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Supported softcams (correctly named) are:
CCcam
evocamd
gbox
mgcamd
newcamd
oscam
and it/they belong in the /var/bin/emu folder.No chmod 755 is needed, this is done for you when you select and start the cam in the BLUE > MENU Softcam Menu.

For mgcamd - you might need to add the provided libcrypto.0.9.7 file to /var/lib - but first try it without, and please let us know if it wants the extra lib file or not.

Cheers- AL :)

Cheers- AL

thanks guys it will be tomorrow before i get a chance to sort mg now
any chance you could attach the lib file m8 incase i need it.

Sorry, John- yep, as Napster says, download the C14.6 release rar and then extract the libcrypto.so.0.9.7 from there, and ftp it to the /var/lib folder. You don't need to worry about chmod permissions for this file, the default 644 will work fine.

Just received a bmail (bollocking mail) from LraiZer, saying that this lib file IS essential in order for mgcamd to function. (I missed his post #21 above as well, sorry). He also told me politely (but reading between the lines, I think he meant that I was talking out of my arse again) that the info I provided in post #23 above was a little bit inaccurate. ie: I was talking bollox, LOL! Here is his message, which I'm sure he won't mind me reproducing here, to help those C14.6 users with a fetish about the DM500 r/c volume keys...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I happily stand corrected, but still prefer the default R/C key layout, and leave the Volume and Mute functions to the TV R/C, which is what Wifey is used to... (AL doesn't rock the boat, LOL! Especially when I've only just converted her from OpenPLi downstairs to C14.6)

Cheers- AL ;)

which is what Wifey is used to... (AL doesn't rock the boat, LOL! Especially when I've only just converted her from OpenPLi downstairs to C14.6)
just add some code to AutoBouquets so that it can generate enigma1 bouquets and services direct from stream for your OpenPli too? ;)

just add some code to AutoBouquets so that it can generate enigma1 bouquets and services direct from stream for your OpenPli too? ;)

That's a good idea LraiZer, but like I told you, this house is now exclusively C14.6 and is an OpenPLi-free zone from now on. I've shut and locked the box on OpenPLi dev and thrown the key away, m8!

Cheers- AL :)

This is a great image .Well done al and laz and anyone else who had a hand in it.
One question though , in var/keys i cant find a ( cccamd.list ) so where do i put my sealion

your can create your own files onbox via remote

press BLUE > Tuxbox Commander
navigate to /var/keys/
press 9(touch)
type "cccamd.list" on your remote keys and press OK

Thanks lraiZer i've done that and its still not clearing.
on blue>menu>red it shows CCcam as on.
I've only ever used pli images but i've got a spare box so i thought i would try
commando and its an amazing image.

Also it doesn't show the version of CCcam...........N/A does that matter ?

Thanks lraiZer i've done that and its still not clearing.
on blue>menu>red it shows CCcam as on.
I've only ever used pli images but i've got a spare box so i thought i would try
commando and its an amazing image.

Also it doesn't show the version of CCcam...........N/A does that matter ?

If your using a sea lion in cccamd.list then you should be using mgcamd to view not CCCam

Ah i see. So where should the sealion go ? i've tried it in var/etc but that didnt work either or does it need to be deleted from cccamd.list first

lraizer for thoes of us who are intreasted in your great work and so as not to upset paphosal could you please start a new thread in dm500 and till us what you have been up to with coding for the enigma1 as i for one would love to no cheers tony

I've tried it in there wiz but no joy. i'll check it again.
I'm using the same config as i use in the pli images so i know its ok

Back