combi boiler settings

sounds like a flow switch?? obviously not doing its job as its not telling the boiler to fire up when a tap is opened? how old is the boiler??? as you should have free 1 years warranty.

i will have a word with some of the guys at work and see what they say? i dont normally do much in the way of combi repairs(there a fucking nightmare!!!!!)

also if its a combi it will have nowt to do with the programmer/timer as the boiler should fire up instantaneously when a tap is turned on..

I'm not a plumber, infact I know absolutely fook all about plumbing, but could it be one of those thermostatic regulators thats causing it?

(a faulty one)

Check the pin is not stuck on the diverter valve or the microswitch...the problem is almost certain to be there.
So my son say's
Hope that helps

sounds like a flow switch?? obviously not doing its job as its not telling the boiler to fire up when a tap is opened? how old is the boiler??? as you should have free 1 years warranty.

i will have a word with some of the guys at work and see what they say? i dont normally do much in the way of combi repairs(there a fucking nightmare!!!!!)

also if its a combi it will have nowt to do with the programmer/timer as the boiler should fire up instantaneously when a tap is turned on..

thanks bigman, I please let us know, your advice will be appreciated.. it is a combi boiler so do you reckon its the timer switch I need to change..

If it has a timer switch like you say, then maybe its faulty or just timed to be almost always on.
Have you played around with the settings or switches on it whilst the boiler is set at Auto.

Sounds like the boiler is functioning correctly to me. But I'm not a plumber, or any other tradesman come to that!

thanks bigman, I please let us know, your advice will be appreciated.. it is a combi boiler so do you reckon its the timer switch I need to change..

does your brother have a user's manual for this boiler m8 ??, {a schematic for this paticular model might solve your problem that bit quicker}

i know through past experience with my own combi,{if it was the diverter/changeover valve that was stuck}-"you will only get hot water on the side that the changeover valve was stuck on"----i.e, stuck on the central heating side, no hot water out the hot tap--------stuck on the hot water only side, no central heating---------------this is assumeing your boiler diverter/changeover valve is based on a similer principle as mine

a side effect of a faulty or holey diaphram in a changeover valve will more than likely mean -"excessive central heating pressure"

get someone with a bit of electical knowledge to hardwire the boiler without the timer m8 ,{its easey enough}---"you might save yourself a few bob if it turns out not to be this"

sounds like the divertor valve aint opening for hot water try and change diaphagrahm valve washer in divertor valve

have you had this checked mate its 99 times out of a hundred this fault

Normally if it is the diverter valve, you will not get hot water. Heating only.

As the diverter vavle diverts the heating through the heat exchanger, not round the heating system.

I think its a PCB issue.

been looking up on the literature of the greenstar 24i boiler and its not a combi???? do you have a seperate hot water cylinder within your airing cupboard??? and do you have to top up the boiler pressure next to the boiler to pressurise the system??? if so then its a system boiler....

if as ive stated above its a system boiler then the first thing to try is to check the cylinder stat on the side of the cylinder and make sure thats turned up enough, then test the 3 port vale..

thanks for the input guys !!! I dont have a separate hot water tank.. if you reckon its a PCB issue, can I do it myself ???

spoke to my mate and he reckons it might be the thermistor stat (cheap and easy to change) or it might be a blocked plate heat exchanger (a lot more involved)

without looking i cant say anymore than that... hope that helps? and let us know the outcome....

When you run the hot water is the mains led illuminated or is it flashing.

View attachment 25319
Once you determine what stage the fault occurs have a look here.
Then let me know what flow chart you need.
Be careful with the live PCB and ffs dont short anything out.

View attachment 25320
You might as well take the thermistor checklist aswell.
Hope this helps, things are busy at the moment, sorry if I dont reply for a couple of days but I will try to check your progress tomorrow nite.
Cheers Nig007

word of advice,,,, dont splash out on a new PCB unless your 100% sure its that, as you cant take them back once purchased!!!!! plus they normally cost a bomb too!

I'd second the diverter diagnosis, sounds like it it stuck. You can get a servicing kit for some models.

Back