Colour Problems Samsung 50-inch 3D Smart LED TV UE50ES6300

ukmike

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hopefully someone can help me out
I purchased this TV Nov 2012 and for the most I am happy with it.
There are certain times when the colour doesn't seem right.
I will try my best to describe the problem ( bare with me )

I notice when there is a scene on a TV prog or Film where there is slightly less light ( i dont mean dark ) i can see brown on the characters faces ( where there are slight shaddows on face) also their hair can look slightly green.
These programs are in HD. It can be worse on SD transmisions.
I have tried adjusting red/green tint in settings, played about with contrast colour etcc.
When watching Footy the picture is awesome
This was not an issue with my Samsung or LG plasmas, also my LCDs show picture better than this.

I know I am not the best at describing things and putting it into words that are easily understood.

If anyone understands what I mean and can help would be much appreciated

Mike

Hi Guys

Hopefully someone can help me out
I purchased this TV Nov 2012 and for the most I am happy with it.
There are certain times when the colour doesn't seem right.
I will try my best to describe the problem ( bare with me )

I notice when there is a scene on a TV prog or Film where there is slightly less light ( i dont mean dark ) i can see brown on the characters faces ( where there are slight shaddows on face) also their hair can look slightly green.
These programs are in HD. It can be worse on SD transmisions.
I have tried adjusting red/green tint in settings, played about with contrast colour etcc.
When watching Footy the picture is awesome
This was not an issue with my Samsung or LG plasmas, also my LCDs show picture better than this.

I know I am not the best at describing things and putting it into words that are easily understood.

If anyone understands what I mean and can help would be much appreciated

Mike

Not sure if it would help by trying a better quality hdmi lead but might be worth a try

Cheers for the suggestion. No harm in trying, although I am using the same HDMI cables ( and they are pretty cheap ones ) as I did before. I do say cables as my set up goes through a 4x2 HDMI Matrix

Hello.
The first thing to try is tuen off all the extra's in the picture menu like black stretch,Noise reduction, auto dimming and anything else that is meant to improve the picture as a lot of auto improvement setting can make the picture seem unreal.

in your options is there vivid colour if its on try tuning it off

Thanks for the replies guys.
Ruled out the HDMI cables as it happens when playing stuff via my network drive which of course only uses a network cable.
I think I have sorted it, well certainly more settings to try.

There are way too many settings on this tv.
In picture settings there is

Picture mode
Backlight
Contrast
Brightness
Sharpness
Colour
Tint g/r
3D
Reset picture
Picture options ( more settings within shown below)
Colour tone
Digital noise filter
MPEG noise filter
HDMI black level
Film mode
Motion plus
LED motion plus

Advanced settings ( more settings shown below )
Dynamic contrast
Black tone
Flesh tone ( hoping this is the one I need )
RGB only mode
Colour space
White balance
10p white balance
Gamma
Expert pattern
XvYCC
Motion lighting

How things have changed since the old days :Biggrin2:

Mike

Regardless, you want to get rid of that motion plus crap (disable) and film mode, screws with the scene transitions and films etc look fake (they are more indicative of a cheap low budget movie)

All you can do is find somewhere it is showing and you can reproduce the effect consistently and modify the settings.

You might even be best resetting the picture and starting from there.

Unless the hdmi cable is over 2 metres in length there will be almost no difference in picture quality using a 99p hdmi cable or a £35 hdmi cable. There has been significant testing done to prove this.

I've actually bore witness to the difference and not only that the difference between 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 in terms of functionality.

I had 99p cables, picture quality was poor, changed them for some that cost me about £15 each, quite a bit different and I actually have anynet working now (didn't before)

i possible go overboard when buying cables as i use monster cables expensive yes and last a lifetime,cheap hdmi cables will show problems and dont forget the shielding they may not have,we dont have a big choice in ireland but all the electrical outlets sell monster products.

I have the same TV, absolutely horrible picture unless I'm sitting directly in front of it.

I've used 2 different 1080p configuration blue-ray disc to configure it and although the picture may look amazing, if I move a little as 30cm either left or right the picture takes on a green/grey hue, totally ruining the image.

I wish I had bought another Plasma, perfect picture from all angles.

Hi Mike, I had the exactly the same problem on darker images. Solution was to download the latest software/firmware via the option
in the systems menu.

Hope that helps.

John

Back