Circuit Board

Seems to suggest then that the supply is not a switched one, but an always 12v supply. Removing and reconnecting the supply resetting the circuit. Probably also has an onboard rom with preloaded firmware that may be corrupt due to the burnup.
All guesses though, time for the experts.

It is feasible, could try disconnecting the battery with everything connected but inactive. Should then do a full reboot on battery reconnection, assuming the firmware is ok.
The procedure sounds kinda familiar, could it be that simple?:)...........Time for the experts, couldn't agree more!

@dazling.....have you tried this, you never know......and you're not going to get away that easy.:Biggrin2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i think i tried that but will tell him to do it again just in case :)

Ok a little update he has called out the main agents to look at the tractor as they said it needed resetting to allow it to go into gear.
But when they came out to reset it, it wouldn't reset and blamed the dashboard for it which I don't believe as the dash worked as it should except for the buzzing after turning it off.
They have a second hand dash which they are going to bring back and then try to reset the gears with that installed.

As soon as I know what`s going on I will post back with updates unfortunately he is a little slow to get things done lol

OK final update he has had a firm out to try to repair the tractor 3 times and they cannot find the fault he managed to get hold of a retired employee of the
firm he was using and he came and had a look and had it part repaired in 10 minutes.
It now drives forward and reverse and goes in all gears its just the hydraulics that is not working, which he says is a bit of the loom burnt out somewhere and he just needs to find it he also said that the Dashboard is in perfect working order and once he reset the faults the buzzing that we was getting has gone so all is good now
I would like to thank danforth for repairing it and everybody else for there input in the repair.

MANY THANKS ! :proud::)

OK final update he has had a firm out to try to repair the tractor 3 times and they cannot find the fault he managed to get hold of a retired employee of the
firm he was using and he came and had a look and had it part repaired in 10 minutes.
It now drives forward and reverse and goes in all gears its just the hydraulics that is not working, which he says is a bit of the loom burnt out somewhere and he just needs to find it he also said that the Dashboard is in perfect working order and once he reset the faults the buzzing that we was getting has gone so all is good now
I would like to thank danforth for repairing it and everybody else for there input in the repair.

MANY THANKS ! :proud::)

At last, a happy ending, not slept since March! :Biggrin2: Can we pass on the group hug? :FRIGHT:

Seriously though, (at least for a bit) scanning back shows a lot of thought by quite a few people about what a few burnt
bits might have been. The state of the track meant only a "one shot" repair attempt was viable, so no room for guesswork,
but that's exactly what we had to do. Collectively we covered all possibilities, and made a best guess. I just happened
to be the "hands", shaking a bit, on a surface mount PCB, with a new one costing some 3 grand mentioned somewhere.
But everyone who chipped in helped one way or another, and that's what forums are for. Time to put the tambourine away.:)

So, thank you for thanking us (this could go on for ever), but mainly for telling us the ending of the saga.
This one has a happy ending, but even a sad ending is better than a missing page.:Biggrin2:

Back