Chipped tooth home repair

This woman is trying to fundraise £20,000 to have her teeth fixed. Reckons it's down to being unable to visit a Dentist due to the Covid lockdowns.
She'd be better looking into the Turkey option and have a great holiday or two on the donators at the same time.

I lost all mine over 2 years ago so the surgeons could have access to my mouth for the cancer surgery. My Consultant mentioned recommending me for falsies at my last appointment. I'm unsure of that to be honest. I doubt I can even open my mouth wide enough yet to pop them in.

I do feel very subconscious about talking in front of someone who isn't aware of what I have went through and actively avoid situations where this may occur. I would prefer the options you guys are talking about but at my age it isn't really worth it.

View attachment 142237
I've read you can get help for implants on the NHS

Implants are usually only available privately and are expensive. They're sometimes available on the NHS for patients who can't wear dentures or whose face and teeth have been damaged, such as people who have had mouth cancer or an accident that's knocked a tooth out.

Yes you go for 1 week first time, they pull ya teeth and put the implants in and give you dentures
then about 2 to 6 months later you go for 2 weeks then they fit your crowns or what ever you are getting

You can get ones called All on 4/6/X were they do it all in a few days cheaper but not as good as the above

In Turkey the costs are
1 implant £550
1 crown £200
1 tooth pulled £50
dentures £500
I'd consider it but I'm only after the one.

Good luck to you m8, if it makes you feel better in both the physical side eating etc and the cosmetic, visual side say in others company, and your gonna feel better about yourself then go for it.
When do you go? Keep us updated it would be interesting to know how you got on.
My daughters got a bucked front tooth and she's very conscience of it. She went for a private consultation for a brace but at 3k she simply couldn't afford it.

I know it's a bit off subject but has anyone or their kids used these?

https://smiledirectclub.co.uk/

Me and my daughter have read tonnes of articles & videos the lot and at £1500 it's far more affordable for her. They've had some really outstanding results and in far far less time

@Joe Noodles

I enquired at 3 places regarding NHS and an implants today all 3 said the same,were not taking any new patients on via NHS but private your fine.

I've paid for a private check/CT scan here
My dentist is going to pull some or all teeth out
and I am in contact with Sevil in Turkey (need to send them some photos of my mouth/teeth
Just getting the ball rolling

My brother and his pal went and both said the pain when having the procedures and the healing was not nice, but neither of them got infection’s. My brother said he is glad he did in the end as his teeth looked like bombed houses. The old saying no pain no gain. Good luck @Joe Noodles

Looks more like veneers
They are definitely implants as his teeth were quite bad. He used to smile with his mouth shut but he doesn’t now😆
Implants do look like veneers but are way better as veneers can come away from the teeth they are bonded to.

Last edited:
They are definitely implants as his teeth were quite bad. He used to smile with his mouth shut but he doesn’t now😆
Implants do look like veneers but are way better as veneers can come away from the teeth they are bonded to.
I only say veneers because they are the ones that are usually the stupid bright white ones😉

I've read you can get help for implants on the NHS
I'll see how it goes. My treatment will be carried out at the Hospital rather than at a Dentists Surgery though so doubtful they would consider anything other than a set of choppers.

I'll see how it goes. My treatment will be carried out at the Hospital rather than at a Dentists Surgery though so doubtful they would consider anything other than a set of choppers.
Tbh honest I think you are right as implants are expensive and I doubt the NHS would stump up the money. Good luck 🤞🏻

You don't see the implants they are drilled in to your gums/jaw made out of titanium
what are on top are the teeth that could be crowns/veneers and come in different shades of white
Dental-Implants-London-Ontario-London-Dentist-Stoney-Family-Dental-600x600.jpgFull-denture-implants.jpg

I'm after just the one a row bottom back. I cannot stand already not having a chewer there.
I had all 4 wisdom took out when I was 21 so there's just one single tooth and a biggish whole.
@Joe Noodles
Can you pm me some of the details of who your using in Turkey and how you contact them as there seems to be lots of agents taking a cut when you Google it.
My m8s daughter works at a dentist who does them but she said they are very very expensive so I'll weigh up my options.
Mines not cosmetic mines for more of a physical thing , chewing and were my tongue now sits

Back