CCTV camera recommendation

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The inlaws have neighbour trouble and I have got to install cctv at their bungalow. Can anyone recommend decent cameras with good night vision without costing a fortune? They are really gonna need to be dome type

For Night Vision your looking at something like a 960H compatible camera either sony Effio E or even better the P Range, The night vision on these is Great for the price and no need to fear of that over contrast/Brightness look when it picks up someone wearing shiny/reflective material.

Obviously to get the best out of it you need to couple it with a 960H Recorder, As with anything depends on what you want to spend if you want ease of use for wiring then Kguard are doing a 960H IP camera system and you just use Cat5e 4 cameras and Recorder for around £680

If you search the 'Bay for item no. 260960047496

I installed a couple of these last year on a job & very happy with them. Nice & small too, can be hidden in a variety of innocuous 'garden' objects. If that's what's intended of course. There are plenty others of a similar ilk if you search for 'Starlight cctv camera'.

l have them in the garage at work and work great on my iphone app , can watch anywhere and emails me pictures when alarms triggered

Cheers for replies fellas. Really need to be dome type so they can be screwed to the soffit and be vandal resistant. Any thoughts on this kit on ebay

Item no. 171294088122

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cheers for replies fellas. Really need to be dome type so they can be screwed to the soffit and be vandal resistant. Any thoughts on this kit on ebay

Item no. 171294088122

Looks too good (or cheap) to be true- spec's all look OK (if to be believed) the fixed focal length (no zoom) of the cameras might be a bind, but no hard to buy a better camera if required. And if the easy QR set-up works, it saves a lot of faffing about with port forwarding if you want to use the remote viewing facility.

what setup did you settle on in the end, I'm looking to upgrade my system at home, I'm on 3 prosecutions so far.

In laws are still umming and arring over what to get. Didn't want to spend too much but concerned over night vision.

Like most of us I guess. Wants the Ferrari but only looking to spend Ford focus money :)

this is from one of my focus price cameras , night view is ok for a cheap end camera

IMG_1476.PNG

Item no. 171294088122

Not a bad setup the recorder is 960H compatible but the Cameras are D1 only, Also as Trevotron mentioned but the Advert is misleading that item is not QR code compatible the Kguard one listed underneath is QRcode for ease of use and is the one i quoted you for around £680 as its all Full 960H system

i have a vivotek 8331 which is a small bullet style and also have a couple of y-cam ip cameras all with infrared night vision using go 1984 software, both y-cam and vivotek do dome style cameras in the same ranges the night picture are good especially now our council have now decided they will turn our street lights out at 00:15......

Back