Can i use HDMI and the audio/video lead at the same time?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chaps,

before i pull the lab apart can i use the HDMI and an AV/Audio cable at the same time?

tia.

chaps,

before i pull the lab apart can i use the HDMI and an AV/Audio cable at the same time?

tia.

You want sound to come out of stereo while using hdmi mate? Only way I could get it working was with phono jacks to a gaming chair mate. Not sure if thats what your asking though.

hi jan mate, no it's video and audio that i want to output to a capture device but want to use HDMI to display on the TV at the same time as capturing....

hi jan mate, no it's video and audio that i want to output to a capture device but want to use HDMI to display on the TV at the same time as capturing....

wish you would ask easy question, (like is it snowing) i could answer that :)

LOL, guess so nap mate! thinking about it, i'm not sure it would work as the display and all that set's it's self up for HDMI so out-putting via the audio/video lead at the same time in thery sounds as though it might be a "no-go" might have to pull the lab apart and test it........

no, i think you only get video out on one or the other.

but you could always temporarily use the rgb or composite out through a splitter to the recorder and to the tv.

youll have to break the plastic off the big plug, but i use hdmi to the telly, then an optical lead plugged into the big plug for sound on mine, so they do both work at once

youll have to break the plastic off the big plug, but i use hdmi to the telly, then an optical lead plugged into the big plug for sound on mine, so they do both work at once

This is my set-up as well.

thanks chaps but it's audio/video i need from that lead as well as HDMI working? is that what you guys are saying that an AV lead and HDMI lead will work at the same time? optical out put might all ways be on if you get me...

as in my post above.

the xbox will only output one video signal it switches off the other, but optical and line out work.

if you need video to 2 places you will have to split either rgb or composite or the hdmi. splitting composite and rgb can be done easily hdmi you would have to spend money.

can confirm this wont work i tried last year for my son and he couldnt get both working on his capture card.

regards will

Back