can anyone help ie 4.2e softmod?

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys im in need of some advice, my m8 brough his 4.2e virgin wii around for me to have a go at softmodding it,as ive done a few in the past but on lower firmware and via the old zelda hack.
anyway i started following ballys guild but got stuck when i tryed to copy over folder 3 onto the wii as all i kept getting once i opened up the hbc was a black screen and the dvd drive flashing. So i started from the very beginging again but this time when i come to transferring the files from folder 2 instead of it opening up for me to deleat the files im getting bootmii opening up and i cant get any further.

is it safe for me to format the wii and then start again or even use a different 4.2 hack and start from scratch?

Are you removing all four of the wad files ?

Have a look at MODMii

It does offline softmodding, which means it downloads ALL the required files to your PC which you then simply copy the entire folder to your SD card and follow the guides that are also included. No need to connect the wii to the 'net or via wireless

Supports modding on ALL Wii's, included 4.2 and 4.3, and adds extra anti-bricking support. Can be used on a pre-modded wii

Its 100% free (donationware) so can't do any harm to have a look. Its all in one package and is updated fairly frequently with additions or updated IOS as or when needed

Also supports USB loader installation and again includes guides on what to do and why

http://modmii.googlecode.com/files/ModMii Installer.exe

It supports auto-updating of the MODMii executable, so you know you should always have the latest release

Latest release is 4.4.2, so if it says you need to update, let it update as quite a few things have been added in this release including updated IOS to get better compatability with games and general disk/USB loading

Last edited:
Back