BUG: OSD Issues

F1Mad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've noticed with all iQ images I've tried so far that the OSDs can get out-of-date and not update correctly as time passes and programs change. Here's an example:

OSD_out_of_date.jpg
Quite clearly this isn't Backdraft anymore (you can see from the timestamp in the top right hand corner of the OSD that the time is 04:25, yet the central part is showing Backdraft still, which ended over 15 minutes ago. If I'm not mistaken, this EPG data is actually coming over the transmission, rather than from EPG data imported via file?

OK, so we can see that the current program is not showing correctly. If we now press "OK" on the remote again (or the INFO button if no other OSD is on screen), we get the info for the current program:
OSD_out_of_date2.jpg

Quite clearly again, this is the wrong info. However, if I click the left or right arrow buttons on the remote, I get this:
OSD_out_of_date3.jpg

As you can see, this last image is correct! We get the right program info, and the central part shows that it's the current program.

Now, this isn't the only On Screen menu that shows incorrect data, until something is done to refresh it. In the case illustrated above, the only thing that will correct the issue (that I've found!) is to zap away to another channel and back again.

Last edited:
I posted about this on the 12th March :)
I was using 8-10/3/12 beta image at the time

I've also noticed that now and next on the infobar doesn't update while your on the channel, if you stay on the channel for say 2hrs , 4 programmes at 30 minutes
if you haven't switched channel it will still show the 2 programmes from the first hour

hope that makes sense lol

done a recording while Ive been out just played a little of it back and seems fine :) FF>> upto x128 and resumed playback fine, not watching it all but the 10 minutes Ive watched has been OK :)

will soon try some media files

Please if you have traded your 800 in or bought the twin we would be happy to hear your comments too :) good or bad :)

I posted about this on the 12th March :)
I was using 8-10/3/12 beta image at the time

Great! :S Oh well, I'm going to post more of my OSD issues here, so at least they're all in one place. If TM are interested, they'll know where to look! More to come...

I've also noticed that, when 2 tuners are in operation, it seems that the CCcam info in the top left of the main OSD only applies to one of those tuners, regardless which one you're actually looking at any time. Here's an example...

I've just had my screen lock up when recording Puss in Boots 3D (using tuner A). When I came back to the Twin (was watching Media Center - you know, the device that I *can* trust for recordings!), I noticed that the picture was frozen on a still image of the Puss in Boots film. Anyway, a lot of that is documented on this thread:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/285690/#post2097769

Right, back to OSD issues here...

The following screengrab shows how, even though we're now watching a different channel on Tuner B, the CCcam info showing is actually that for Tuner A when it failed:
TunerB_No_CCCam_Info1jpg.jpg

Now, I've seen loads of weird things being displayed on the OSD, but the pattern I *think* I'm seeing here is that you only see CCcam info for Tuner A. Having said that, even *that* is not accurate though (see the thread mentioned above to see that at one point it showed the encrypted channel as FTA, even though it was encrypted. Having said that, at the time, it was all locked up because of a CCcam issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
ANOTHER OSD BUG (ONE THAT WASN'T THERE BEFORE IN OTHER IMAGES!)...

The resolution for the stream no longer shows up on the OSD. See the screen grab below (and even any of the others in this thread, with an OSD!), near the top right of the OSD, you'll see a lone "X". This is where it would display the resolution of the stream, eg "1920 x 1080". Gutted it's not there anymore! :(

no_resolution_on_osd.jpg

maybe the IQ team have moved this info from the first infobar to the second infobar to check click ok while you have the first infobar open ( the screen you show in the screen grab is the first infobar ), This should open the second infobar. I say should but i have no way of knowing how much IQ have messed with the image or data but it's worth a try.

Back