Blurr on screen ?

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me for sure (yes or no) if a monitor to pc video cable (standard) could cause any kind of blurr on the screen if it was somehow faulty ?

Ive got a blurr going up the middle section of my screen from top to bottom and about 3 inch wide, I have 2 identical 21inch monitors and both have the same fault, I dont have a spare video cable so I have to use the same cable to try both monitors, thats why iam wondering if it could possibly be the cable ?
The other parts of the screen are crystal clear but as I say, roundabout the middle section things are a little blurry.
Ive tried latest drivers etc, ive even tried another graphics card but still the same result....the only way I get a good result is if I hook up my old scabby 14" monitor that has its own built on video cable, theres no blurr on that one.

So, when it comes down to it, it must be either both the monitors have the same kinda fault or its the cable ???

Could it be the cable, yes or no ?

Appreciate your help, anyone ?

P,s
The fault shows in safe mode too.

what type of cable do u use
does it have 2 ends the same??
if so pm me ur addy i have a spare one here u can have

Hi M8

im sure i have a few cables knocking about i think 1 has 4 bnc's on 1 end (red blue green and sync) and normal d-type the other if u have that sort of input, like davidh i have a few with d-type to d-type, if any use let me know

I've had a KVM switch box cause a blur on the moitor before. One of the cheaper manual ones so yes a cable could cause it.

Is it routed near a mains cable? Could be getting cross talk but unlikely. Probably just poor contact on the plug terminals in the moulded ends.

davidh, check pm mate :)
Cheers hatab, cheers spikeman :)

Ye guy's, its just what I would call a standard video/graphics card connection, like just about 99% of monitors would have that plug into a graphics card, its the same type of connection at both ends though, ya know how some monitors have a fixed on video cable ? Well this one isnt like that, its the same connection at both ends, just like the end that plugs into the graphics card :) I think its called an hd15 male ?

:Cheers:

in the meantime anyone else with suggestions please feel free to step forward ?

Not much suggestions here. Very likely being the cable, just wait and connect the one from davidh and see how that goes.

For those who were asking this is the type of connection the cable has at both ends (see atachment) , its called a 15 pin something ?? , why's it only got fourteen pins then ? Is that right enough, its called a 15 but only has 14, lol, its as if ones missing.

Davidh, did you find that cable mate, i sent my addy ?

All monitor cables have 14 conductors, pin 9 is missed out. They are in a High Density D connector.

Yep pretty much a run of the mill graphics/monitor cable. Been using the same monitor with various cabels for 8 years, you could have a duff one m8. Not that expensive, most retail outlets should carry stocks of these.

Regards

thomson said:
For those who were asking this is the type of connection the cable has at both ends (see atachment) , its called a 15 pin something ?? , why's it only got fourteen pins then ? Is that right enough, its called a 15 but only has 14, lol, its as if ones missing.

Davidh, did you find that cable mate, i sent my addy ?[/QUOTE]

yes m8 same connectors posted this morning

Davidh, Excellent mate :) :) :)

When you says in your pm that you sent it but you says it had female connections, Iam thinking oh no !!! lol, he's sent the wrong type ! as I knew the type I needed was male rather than female, but it looks as though all's turned out ok as you say you had a look at the picture I posted and its the same, phew!!!!! lol....

Thanks a lot mate, try it as soon as it comes through the door and let ya all know how it go's.

Thanks again davidh :)

Davidh, I got the cable today mate, thanks again :)

Tried your cable and thats not making it work either, Fkin monitor :mad: :mad: :mad: I cant believe it man, two Identical monitors both with very similar fault although one is worse than the other, thats got to be a first for everyone reading this, eh ?

Oh well, just have to put it up in the spare room now and accidently drop it down the stairs and fill in my claim form, LOL.... :)

Seriously mate, thanks a lot even though it didnt make any difference, gotta give it a try, its a pity it didnt work especially as you went out your way to post that to me :Cry:

Cheers :Cheers:

Your not havin much luck are ye up there.....two monitors with the same prob...gotta b somethin wrong in yer setup...speakers or something else unshielded will do it...i know you don't have speakers so, you don't have one of those mobile phone holders stuck to the side or standing next to yer monitors with yer mobile sat in it do you??????

Regards

nah none of that stuff rodahl.

Here's the latest, I cannot believe my bad luck man !!!

My old man got hold of a good big monitor, a compaq p110, ive plugged it in, fired it up, it comes on, the picture is clear enough, no more blurriness like before but the screen is a heavy pinky/red colour (see attachment), ive tried fiddling with the controls and the settings in control panel but cant see to get it sorted, its very dark too, even with contrast etc turned up...
Ive tried installing the latest driver for it but I dont think its installing, I noted the driver windows installed for it before I tried to upgrade it but it hasnt changed, the driver windows installed is dated 2001 but according to the updated driver on compaq's site thier latest one is dated 2002, its an exe file so ya just follow the instructions but it doesnt look as though the driver is updating, just keeps saying its the 2001 version ???? I dont see the driver causing this mad red screen anyway, could it ?

Anyone any Ideas ?

does this guy wear glasses and they are damaged ..... LMFAO sorry m8 counld'nt resist that looks fine this end m8.

you'z have all got to be taken the piss, lol, the picture is a deep ready pink colour and very dark, you'z are kidding, right ?? :)

Back