Atmelace' led simm help required

TWOBEERCANS said:
the led simm actually reads the data that is stored on the atmels mate - the ird you retireved if it was the same as the label then your box is not a clone.
if your box had a flex chip you would have known when trying to follow the diagrams for the soldering.
i would have to suggest firstly looking at card status in eng menu, then you will have to do the led simm again. by all means pm me the binaries and the resulting bk you got and i will check and make sure for ya...
there are also in rare cases where ird has to be placed backwards but very rare.
get you led simm in again and give it some slight movement and see if the numbers change a single bad contact in the leading 3 bits would not affect you ird reading but would affect the bk because ird leading 3 bits are all zero's anyway.

PM sent

Cheers M8

Twobeercans

Twobeercans you were spot on m8 what a star, cleaned simm connector with a biro eraser until all the contacts were nice and shiny reconnected led simm and got an extra 1 on the third binary set changing it from a 7 to an F, re did card all working fine.

Thanks to all that helped out i hope this experience may help someone else with the same problem.

Added to your rep points m8

welldone m8 glad your sorted

draindet said:
Twobeercans you were spot on m8 what a star, cleaned simm connector with a biro eraser until all the contacts were nice and shiny reconnected led simm and got an extra 1 on the third binary set changing it from a 7 to an F, re did card all working fine.

Thanks to all that helped out i hope this experience may help someone else with the same problem.

Added to your rep points m8

Well done draindet :):)

and twobeercans again.......... :pimp:

Did you take the tape off the LED SIMM? Bad move if you did..... But it does seem you are getting the BK correct....

AtmelAce said:
Did you take the tape off the LED SIMM? Bad move if you did..... But it does seem you are getting the BK correct....

No m8 tape still in place, i think it was just a case of a dirty contact on the socket just my fooking luck that it was in the first three sets so i still got the correct ird, by the way m8 that is a great piece of kit you should be proud to have helped so many people.

Glad you're sorted. Not done enough boxes to come across the "dirty contact" syndrome.... Nice one 2BC's.

Back