Atmelace' led simm help required

draindet

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone can help i have had a pace 4001n hanging around in the garage for ages now, it had a locked funcard that i could not read, so i gave up on it a bought another one.
However since Atmelace has been selling his led simms i thought i would get one just to see if i could possibly use this box. I followed Chartmans excellent tut and did all the wiring (i used to work in electronics so im no newbie at soldering) when i first powered up the box all of the leds lit up, i pulled the sim slightly forward and got the correct ird which matched the scart label, i then read bk1 and then bk2. I did this twice and double checked the binary conversion, feeling very pleased with myself and Amtelace i swiftly programmed a funcard and stuck the box in the stream. Nothing 1234 fine but nothing else just a black screen, i couldnt remember (as it has been so long since i created a hex) whether to put the ird in backwards or forwards so i tried both, still nothing. I thought it must be me so i got my working 4001 and did exactly the same using the led simm, got correct ird and boxkey programmed card all worked fine, the only differance between the two boxes is that one has different software than the other, neither have the Flex chip fitted so i cant understand whats wrong. Anyway enough waffling heres the question the box that i wont work has a lot of flux around the atmels which i have read may indicate that the box is cloned does the led simm read the data on the atmels or does it get its info from somewhere else that may be different than the bk on a cloned box?
I am in a pure N*l area any help greatly appreciated. :CRYBABY:

Anyone?

draindet said:
Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone can help i have had a pace 4001n hanging around in the garage for ages now, it had a locked funcard that i could not read, so i gave up on it a bought another one.
However since Atmelace has been selling his led simms i thought i would get one just to see if i could possibly use this box. I followed Chartmans excellent tut and did all the wiring (i used to work in electronics so im no newbie at soldering) when i first powered up the box all of the leds lit up, i pulled the sim slightly forward and got the correct ird which matched the scart label, i then read bk1 and then bk2. I did this twice and double checked the binary conversion, feeling very pleased with myself and Amtelace i swiftly programmed a funcard and stuck the box in the stream. Nothing 1234 fine but nothing else just a black screen, i couldnt remember (as it has been so long since i created a hex) whether to put the ird in backwards or forwards so i tried both, still nothing. I thought it must be me so i got my working 4001 and did exactly the same using the led simm, got correct ird and boxkey programmed card all worked fine, the only differance between the two boxes is that one has different software than the other, neither have the Flex chip fitted so i cant understand whats wrong. Anyway enough waffling heres the question the box that i wont work has a lot of flux around the atmels which i have read may indicate that the box is cloned does the led simm read the data on the atmels or does it get its info from somewhere else that may be different than the bk on a cloned box?
I am in a pure N*l area any help greatly appreciated. :CRYBABY:

Does anyone have any ideas?

just buy a led simm, a blind man could do the solderin for a led simm job, its really easy.

like 3 wires, and thats it

So you're not getting any FTA channels either?

Can you get into the engineers menu and check to status of the card and the box?

Yes i get fta channels but no others, it must be the wrong bk but i have done the wiring and led simm twice and get exactly the same result. Card status says OK.

ntlhell said:
just buy a led simm, a blind man could do the solderin for a led simm job, its really easy.

like 3 wires, and thats it

I dont think you actually read my post did you?

are you using latest keys as that what it sounds like is wrong
andy

the led simm actually reads the data that is stored on the atmels mate - the ird you retireved if it was the same as the label then your box is not a clone.
if your box had a flex chip you would have known when trying to follow the diagrams for the soldering.
i would have to suggest firstly looking at card status in eng menu, then you will have to do the led simm again. by all means pm me the binaries and the resulting bk you got and i will check and make sure for ya...
there are also in rare cases where ird has to be placed backwards but very rare.
get you led simm in again and give it some slight movement and see if the numbers change a single bad contact in the leading 3 bits would not affect you ird reading but would affect the bk because ird leading 3 bits are all zero's anyway.

draindet said:
Hi guys

the only differance between the two boxes is that one has different software than the other,
:

Can you see a non-update mod..?

Never heard off it on a di4001...!

Ive seen di1000 phase B with the non update done
and the led has one half off bk but not the other

it's the only thing that spring`s to mind mate

I haven't used a funcard for ages now but I'm sure when the keys were wrong you got a message on the encripted channels about them being unsubscribed or something like that? Is that correct?

jasperconran said:
Can you see a non-update mod..?

Never heard off it on a di4001...!

Ive seen di1000 phase B with the non update done
and the led has one half off bk but not the other

it's the only thing that spring`s to mind mate

No i dont think so there is definately no wire running to the battery, do you know how to do a forced update on a 4001?

andy1234 said:
are you using latest keys as that what it sounds like is wrong
andy

Yes i am using the 1.9.05 hex from the downloads and it works fine on my other 4001. But i only get a blank screen on this one not even an error message.

draindet said:
No i dont think so there is definately no wire running to the battery, do you know how to do a forced update on a 4001?

You could pull the red jumper and chance your arm ...... you ain't got a lot to lose!

4001's don't need anti update mods and they don't work any where that does - its definately dropped a bit on the socket!

TWOBEERCANS said:
its definately dropped a bit on the socket!

Would it still show the card status as ok if that was the case?

fatblerk said:
You could pull the red jumper and chance your arm ...... you ain't got a lot to lose!

Ok im just about to pull the red jumper, ill let you know what happened in a while.

Cheers

draindet said:

Only if updating is like the di1000 mate

boot holding in the on off button in untill u get ok and then 0000
press favorites,interactive,tvguide,then tv should have now 4321 on the front
then pressthe ok button

fatblerk said:
Would it still show the card status as ok if that was the case?

if your bk was 1 or 2 bits out and your ird was correct it very likely would say card ok mate, BTW why are we pulling the red jumper??? it isn't going to rewrite its BK, and if it needed an update it would have done it just by connecting to stream instantly...

Ok guys what a pr*ck i feel, i pulled the red jumper and let it reboot the only reason that i thought the software was different in my original post was that the mini guide when changing channel was turned off in the settings menu DooooH.
Anyway still only got blank channeles with no message i think Twobeercaqns must be right but i have done the wiring and the simm twice and got exactly the same result both times, whilst wiggling the led simm i certainly could make the binary different but when left alone it was constant and the same as before.

Back