Any of you chaps into DE shaving?

I have had a beard for about 45 years, wife has never seen me without one, it used to tickle her fancy not any more..... lol
Shave it off and see how long it takes her to notice and she might "like " the non tickle version LOL

Thommo's convinced me. Ordered the bits earlier, will report back once I start hacking my face to bits :Laugh:
Ordered some Erasmic shave sticks, badger hair brush, styptic matches, Edwin Jagger DE89BL & a cheap shaving bowl. Spent a wee bit more than my voucher but thanks again for all the advice.
HH.

Can we have before and after pictures -- specially with blood oozing out LOL

So how did you get on HappyH?

Am impressed with your choich of razor. The erasmic is hit and miss with me, for guaranteed good lather and comfort you cant beat a Palmolive stick at 50p!!

I been using a DE for a while and shaving actually feels like a treat. Have had to odd cartridge shave recently but just doesnt feel the same

So how did you get on HappyH?

Am impressed with your choich of razor. The erasmic is hit and miss with me, for guaranteed good lather and comfort you cant beat a Palmolive stick at 50p!!

I been using a DE for a while and shaving actually feels like a treat. Have had to odd cartridge shave recently but just doesnt feel the same

Really good so far, had about 6 shaves, only 1 wee tiny cut & the styptic match stopped it right away.
Can't say I'm overly impressed by the lather I get but I'm on me hols so I'll reserve judgement till I'm back home, maybe try some different ones.
Quite glad I tried it, seems to be a cleaner, longer lasting shave for me.
HH.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The life of any blade including safety blades such as Mach 3 can all be extended by stropping......... obviously with a cut throat you use a leather strap, but safety blades can be stropped by using a piece of denim (so a pair of jeans becomes multi purpose !) just run the blade head down the denim about 10 or 12 times and it will sharpen the blades. This usually works for about 6 times, although one man has reported using his safety blade every day for 2 years without replacing it by using this method.

mad one guys had shit hair for years ( ginnga curse ) i say lol

plus when its windy who cares thank god for clippers pmsl

Last edited:
mad one guys had shit hair for years ( ginnga curse ) i say lol

plus when its windy who cares thank god for clippers pmsl

pmsl @Spud :Laugh:

this is about facial hair not your hippy ginga locks :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump an old thread,

So are you guys still using the DE shavers?

My lad bought me a DE89 Edwin Jagger etc for my birthday a few weeks ago so still trying to find the best combination of blades.

I have been looking at getting a Gillette Fatboy or Slim adjustable but not having a great deal of luck in the UK so might just get the Merkur adjustable,

I've basically lapsed :blushing:
Maybe every 6 weeks or so I take the notion to use it again but during the summer I started to shave my head when I was shaving my face so been using a safety razor.
HH.

How much are blades for these contraptions? I remember my dad had one years ago.

Don't think I'd fancy one over the three blade Gillette thing for my head though :).

How much are blades for these contraptions? I remember my dad had one years ago.

Don't think I'd fancy one over the three blade Gillette thing for my head though :).

Depends what blades you got for, I like the Astras at the moment and can get 100 for £9 so 9p each and would get easily 4 shaves out of 1 blade.

The proraso soap cost me £6 and will again last me like 6 months.
The EJ DE89 was £20
Brush with some soap was £20 its badger hair

I have been using electric for the last 15+ years and loving it :)

Last time I bought some it was just under a fiver for 50 blades. That was exactly my thinking for my head too mate.
HH.

They are classed as DE safety razors I would rather take my chances of a single blade than 3 of them hacking at my head haha

They are classed as DE safety razors I would rather take my chances of a single blade than 3 of them hacking at my head haha

Only time it goes wrong is if you slide it sideways :S.

I've only ever used a DE razor when I was a kid. I used my Dads to remove the bum fluff on my chin, the other option was to put some milk on my chin and left the neighbours cat lick it off. I often emerged from the bathroom with blood streaming from my plooks and tissues paper dotted around my fizzer.

+1 on the RazorPit, I've had one for a few months now and I'm still using the same Mach 3 blade. Mine is called Razor Sharp, but has the same design and is made out of the same material.

Mine has paid for itself many times over, definitely one product I'd stand behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've no idea what it is. I use Gillette 4 blade and am happy enough, just hate shaving lol

Back