Advise needed..{Pork Leg Joint}............

TheDogsNutts

Member +
Reaction score
advise needed on cooking a pork joint in an eletric oven, only ever cooked one in a gas oven.....

what temp should i cook it on..?...
and for how long..?...
should i use the fan or not..?...

thanks in advance.............

advise needed on cooking a pork joint in an eletric oven, only ever cooked one in a gas oven.....

and for how long..?...

200.c gas 4 for about 30 mins per half a kilo m8 plus 30 mins extra as its a joint. thats general rule.

for good crackling rub oil into the skin and plenty of salt and pepper. maybe even some honey if you have some :)

and for how long..?...

hi m8 cook it @ around 150 - 200f on ur electric oven with the fan on for about 2hrs....electrics oven cooks much better than gas becoz the fan cirulates the air so cooks more evenly

Last edited:
Dogs, believe me on this one mate, but pork has to be cooked very slowly to get a better texture to the meat, i make a superb pork joint and its easy to do so, follow this mate and you will be asking me for the next recipe next week.

Put a tablespoon of Marge or Butter in a frying pan with a little olive oil, heat it up and brown the pork joint on all sides. once browned put to one side.

meanwhile in your roasting tin, chop a couple of onions into fine slices and fry in a little olive oil until soft, Just before they are done add a heaped spoonfull of Flour and stir for one minute ,

add a pint of chicken stock, and a can of guiness bring to the boil.

add some herbs, i prefer a couple of bayleaves and a few sage leaves ( its at your preference.

i normally chop my carrots up large and put them into the liquid before putting the pork joint on top.

now put your pork joint in and cover the roasting dish with the lid.

have the oven set at 150 degrees and cook pork for 4 hours or 4 and a half if its a big one.

Then get stuck into it, you cant carve it as it falls away, just get a spoon into it to serve.

Meanwhile get a nice bottle of Red ready and enjoy your meal m8.

now you got me started.

When meat is cooked,move the pork to a plate, take out the carrots, and any herbs you put in, blend the remaining liquid in a blender, this is your gravy ( i like it as it is, but you might want to thicken it with Gravy granules. )

Last edited:
Dogs, believe me on this one mate, but pork has to be cooked very slowly to get a better texture to the meat, i make a superb pork joint and its easy to do so, follow this mate and you will be asking me for the next recipe next week.

Put a tablespoon of Marge or Butter in a fring pan with a little olive oil, heat it up and brown the pork joint on all sides. once browned put to one side.

meanwhile in your roasting tin, chop a couple of onions into fine slices and fry in a little olive oil until soft, Just before they are done add a heaped spoonfull of Flour and stir for one minute ,

add a pint of chicken stock, and a can of guiness bring to the boil.

add some herbs, i prefer a couple of bayleaves and a few sage leaves ( its at your preference.

now put your pork joint in and cover the roasting dish with the lid.

have the oven set at 150 degrees and cook pork for 4 hours or 4 and a half if its a big one.

Then get stuck into it, you cant carve it as it falls away, just get a spoon into it to serve.

Meanwhile get a nice bottle of Red ready and enjoy your meal m8.

now you got me started.

cheers m8, will remember that one for next time...........

glaze it with honey,tastes lovely.i used to be a butcher and in all the health classes etc it said pork is the most dangerous meat to be undercooked so make sure its well cooked

glaze it with honey,tastes lovely.i used to be a butcher and in all the health classes etc it said pork is the most dangerous meat to be undercooked so make sure its well cooked

i would agree with you there mate , only on pork chops glazed with honey and mustard, keep coating them as you fry them, but not sure on a pork joint, but i am not dissagreeing with you mate, i might give it a try myself one day.
i know pork and honey do go well, but on your sunday roast i am not so sure .

So you can cook can you ! Cant the Mrs do all that .lol

feck me...... some peeps digging up old thread's............lol...........

cooking Beef this weekend..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back