###myservices.xml Is very Important READ THIS

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
##myservices.xml is very Important READ THIS

had a talk with someone and i found out a few amazing things about this file

can members please post what they think its for and you will be enlightened by the end of the session

that even means the commando team as well

but not those who learnt it with me though keep quite please

as this will help lots of members if they read this

myservices.xml
all channels in this file will not be altered no matter what scan you perform they will stay there forever lol well kind off

the following is an example only and bold parts is to show you

Add
is to add a channel with or without a scan it will stay there

<channel action="add" name="teleport 1" service_id="00d4" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="teleport 2" service_id="00da" service_type="01" />

Replace
is to Rename a channel

<channel action="replace" service_id="0011" name="sky action" service_type="01" />
<channel action="replace" service_id="0015" name="sky comedy" service_type="01" />

Remove
is to remove a channel

<channel action="remove" service_id="2261" name="sky sports news" service_type="01"/>
<channel action="remove" service_id="2262" name="playboy" service_type="01"/>

hope this enlightens you a bit more on this magic little file that i use all the time

cheers

Last edited:
Add, remove and replace of channels. The contents of myservices.xml overrule the contents of services.xml.

mgb said:
Add, remove and replace of channels. The contents of myservices.xml overrule the contents of services.xml.

cheers mgb m8

so does everyone UNDERSTAND that if not post here please

as this is very good for auto scanning without gaining the rubbish channels you dont watch

cheers

yido said:
cheers mgb m8

as this is very good for auto scanning without gaining the rubbish channels you dont watch

cheers
hi so do you ftp services in to my services or do you put them in the file some other way .as every time i view them its full of german channels or ntl some other area .
cheers johy48

yido said:
cheers mgb m8

cheers

yeah i could do with a little bit more explantion yido mate, i get it but a little more would maybe clarify it :Cheers:

The following actions are supported by Myservices.xml :

Add
This enables you to add certain channels that are not found by a manual service scan.

Replace
This action enables you to rename Stations. Example. "Das Erste" into "ARD".

Remove
Unwanted channels like Data Channels can be removed via this.

You can also use myservices to remove the andere/others bouquet completely !

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<zapit>
<cable name="Kabelcom Rheinhessen">
<transponder id="0001" onid="0085" frequency="386000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6900000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3">
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt d4" service_id="00d4" service_type="01" />
</transponder>
<transponder id="0003" onid="0085" frequency="362000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6900000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3">
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt da" service_id="00da" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt db" service_id="00db" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt dc" service_id="00dc" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt de" service_id="00de" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt f0" service_id="00f0" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt f1" service_id="00f1" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt f2" service_id="00f2" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt f3" service_id="00f3" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt f4" service_id="00f4" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt f5" service_id="00f5" service_type="01" />
</transponder>
<transponder id="0004" onid="0085" frequency="378000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6900000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3">
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt d0" service_id="00d0" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt d1" service_id="00d1" service_type="01" />
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt d2" service_id="00d2" service_type="01" />
</transponder>
<transponder id="0011" onid="0085" frequency="354000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6900000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3">
<channel action="add" name="Premiere Direkt d3" service_id="00d3" service_type="01" />
<channel service_id="00dd" name="Premiere Direkt dd" service_type="01" />
</transponder>
<transponder id="0003" onid="0085" frequency="362000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6900000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3">
<channel action="replace" service_id="0011" name="Premiere Sportportal" service_type="01" />
</transponder>
<transponder id="2716" onid="f001" frequency="450000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6900000" fec_inner="0" modulation="3">
<channel action="remove" service_id="2261" name="FRANCE 2" service_type="01"/>
<channel action="remove" service_id="2262" name="FRANCE 3" service_type="01"/>
</transponder>
</cable>
</zapit>

ok here we go i have my auto scan on all the time but i do not get the channels that i do not watch as this is what i do

your services.xml copy and paste it in myservices.xml then edit like the following

my services.xml is like the following

<transponder id="0005" onid="0031" frequency="723000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="01f5" name="FILMFOUR" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f6" name="FILM 4 +1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f7" name="FILM 4 WEEKLY" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f8" name="E4" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f9" name="E4+1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fa" name="BBC Parl" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fb" name="ITV2" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fc" name="CNN" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fd" name="Cartoon Network" service_type="01"/>
</transponder>

i do not watch E4+1 or BBC Parl or CartoonN
so i do not want to see these channels if i leave auto scan on so here is where the myservices.xml come in

<transponder id="0005" onid="0031" frequency="723000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="01f6" name="FILM4 +1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f7" name="FILM4 WE" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f9" action="remove" name="E4+1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fa" action="remove" name="BBC Parl" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fd" action="remove" name="CartoonN" service_type="01"/>
</transponder>

so this will remove the channel from my dbox so it will not showup at all and the autoscan still keeps up with all the latest channels or where the cc's has changed channel frequencys

i hope you lot understand this please let me know

cheers

Last edited:
Thanks yido, and other peeps! I always wondered what that file was for...but not that bothered to ask about it...lol!

Cheers!

jamesredfern said:
Shame you cant update the myservices file via the box, so channels can be removed as and when you realise you dont need them without haveing to connect to the PC...... Oh well.

its a one time thing really just do it once via the pc then all sorted as it doesnt get over written at all it keeps your settings the way you want them

all the time

Thanks for the info gav, thay really helps with clearing all the crap up.

nice one :Clap:

i cant even find it (i'll get my coat!) - is it flashfxp or yweb?

yido said:
ok here we go i have my auto scan on all the time but i do not get the channels that i do not watch as this is what i do

your services.xml copy and paste it in myservices.xml then edit like the following

my services.xml is like the following

<channel service_id="01f6" name="FILM 4 +1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f7" name="FILM 4 WEEKLY" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f9" name="E4+1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fa" name="BBC Parl" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fd" name="Cartoon Network" service_type="01"/>
</transponder>

i do not watch E4+1 or BBC Parl or CartoonN
so i do not want to see these channels if i leave auto scan on so here is where the myservices.xml come in

<channel service_id="01f6" name="FILM4 +1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f7" name="FILM4 WE" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01f9" action="remove" name="E4+1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fa" action="remove" name="BBC Parl" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="01fd" action="remove" name="CartoonN" service_type="01"/>
</transponder>

so this will remove the channel from my dbox so it will not showup at all and the autoscan still keeps up with all the latest channels or where the cc's has changed channel frequencys

i hope you lot understand this please let me know

cheers
so you can delete adult chan from your services, will give it ago as iv allways deleted myservices from the zapit folder and put in my own bouquetes & services thanks yido:Cheers:

Johny48 said:
so you can delete adult chan from your services, will give it ago as iv allways deleted myservices from the zapit folder and put in my own bouquetes & services thanks yido:Cheers:
welcome m8

that is why its brilliant as you can hide the channels you dont want perm from your box no matter what you do as every scan no matter what type only edits the services.xml

a big thanks to cydine for this info as i learnt it from him and i know some people did not understand it like my self

but now easy as pie lol

qbert said:
i cant even find it (i'll get my coat!) - is it flashfxp or yweb?
its in the image under /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

then follow the instructions m8

Just a small tip. Make sure you have a space where it shows you need one. Any error will result in myservices not being read. A good way to check myservices.xml is fully functional and operating ok is to connect the dbox2 to pc and then using the yweb feature "download" the service.xml from your dbox2. What this does is give you a copy to view on your pc screen to view and it also points out to you if and where any mistakes are located.

Took me a while to get mines perfect but it is just once and its all done. Perhaps someone could answer a question that has been bugging me about this though. What if a channel moves transponder/frequency? Does that mean you would then need to edit the myservices file or indeed would the auto scan function pick say sly sports 1 if it had moved to a new frequency if you had already told myservices that sly sports 1 was on a previous frequency.

Sorry if i dont make much sense im terrible at putting things into words. lol.
There is also a file called anti-services but i cant really see the need for that as myservices does it all anyway.

aaahh, no wonder when i would edit the services file that new channels would be added inclusing those that i did not want. so now i know that to kkep those channels off i must edit the myservcies file.

cheers lads, :)

Diddy said:
Just a small tip. Make sure you have a space where it shows you need one. Any error will result in myservices not being read. A good way to check myservices.xml is fully functional and operating ok is to connect the dbox2 to pc and then using the yweb feature "download" the service.xml from your dbox2. What this does is give you a copy to view on your pc screen to view and it also points out to you if and where any mistakes are located.

Took me a while to get mines perfect but it is just once and its all done. Perhaps someone could answer a question that has been bugging me about this though. What if a channel moves transponder/frequency? Does that mean you would then need to edit the myservices file or indeed would the auto scan function pick say sly sports 1 if it had moved to a new frequency if you had already told myservices that sly sports 1 was on a previous frequency.

Sorry if i dont make much sense im terrible at putting things into words. lol.
There is also a file called anti-services but i cant really see the need for that as myservices does it all anyway.

thats a fair comment m8 and that would be the only time you will need to edit the myservices as if the Sid has changed but that only happens very seldom

once in a blue moon i think channel 5 was the only one to be moved in the last year m8

cheers

Must admit I'd seen the file, in a german sportster image, after copying the usual services and bouquet file across I still had loads of german channels in Andre\other , so I deleted the my services file which made the german channels disappear and never thought any more about it,

nice one M8

Last edited:
:CRYBABY:

I've never been brave enough to try any of these files, I'm to frightened to try and reset things.

I suppose I'll have to try one day, but I'll have to read up on it more

:grayno:

Back