Thread: dreambox with c line


Forum: Dreambox Receiver Discussion

hi, i have a dreambox working with a c line, i have taken it to my m8's house to see if it works and it does not, tried everything and still no luck, do i have to change the settin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    DW Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    220
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    dreambox with c line

    hi, i have a dreambox working with a c line, i have taken it to my m8's house to see if it works and it does not, tried everything and still no luck, do i have to change the settings in the wireless router



  2. #2
    DW Honored Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    624
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    Perhaps the server owner only allows you to login from 1 I.P.

    Try and open the port it uses.

  3. #3
    DW Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    220
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    Quote Originally Posted by Parad0x View Post
    Perhaps the server owner only allows you to login from 1 I.P.

    Try and open the port it uses.
    which settings does the server need to change

  4. #4
    DW Honored Member ruddyrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    646
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    try taking this up with the owner of the server. If you were setting up your own server we could perhaps help a little more, however as your just a client, there are so many parameters were something could be going wrong either your end, or server end!

    That being said, if you are just a client with a cline, then you dont have to config anything in your router, however it can not hurt to forward your port, even though it is not really required for the client.

    Also i would just like to mention that you cannot share the same cline with your friend. Every box will have to have its own cline.
    Last edited by ruddyrum; 21st April 2010 at 11:43.

  5. #5
    DW Respected Member pootas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,597
    DW Cash
    27
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    It's the server limiting the external IP you can connect from...

  6. #6
    DW Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    220
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    Quote Originally Posted by ruddyrum View Post
    try taking this up with the owner of the server. If you were setting up your own server we could perhaps help a little more, however as your just a client, there are so many parameters were something could be going wrong either your end, or server end!

    That being said, if you are just a client with a cline, then you dont have to config anything in your router, however it can not hurt to forward your port, even though it is not really required for the client.

    Also i would just like to mention that you cannot share the same cline with your friend. Every box will have to have its own cline.
    hi, i have two boxs at home, one is server and one is client, the client box is the one which works at my house, but when i take it to my m8 house it does not work, the dreambox does not even connect to the internet via a network cable to the wireless router, internet works tested it on the laptop, just dreambox does not connect
    Last edited by plax; 21st April 2010 at 14:00.

  7. #7
    DW Honored Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    624
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    Make sure your client dreambox doesnt have a static i.p.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Curious123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,790
    DW Cash
    28
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    hi, i have two boxs at home, one is server and one is client, the client box is the one which works at my house, but when i take it to my m8 house it does not work, the dreambox does not even connect to the internet via a network cable to the wireless router, internet works tested it on the laptop, just dreambox does not connect
    Have you changed the gateway address and the DNS address to his routers gateway address and ISP's DNS address so that your box can connect to the internet? The box that you take to your friends house, are you trying to get that box to connect to your server from his server?

  9. #9
    DW Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    220
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious123 View Post
    Have you changed the gateway address and the DNS address to his routers gateway address and ISP's DNS address so that your box can connect to the internet? The box that you take to your friends house, are you trying to get that box to connect to your server from his server?
    hi m8, trying to connect to my server,

  10. #10
    DW Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    220
    DW Cash
    25
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: dreambox with c line

    i had to reset all the settings in the wireless router, and can the dreambox work direct from the virgin modem with out the wireless router, thanks



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. F Line and C Line Emm Updates
    By faisalpandu in forum Dreambox Receiver Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3rd October 2010, 19:21
  2. line on or off? dreambox
    By Universal Soldier in forum Dreambox Receivers (all models)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th September 2007, 12:49
  3. The New Direct Line Help Line
    By hal22 in forum Fun & Laughter Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th January 2007, 21:47
  4. Dreambox Engima --- Dreambox Neutrino services
    By jazz_qwerty in forum Dreambox Receivers (all models)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th April 2006, 21:04

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Important Keywords:

box, cable, cccam, client, config, dm500, dm800, dns, dreambox, external, flashing, forward, help, home, internet, isp, laptop, network, problem, router, server, settings, setup, system, virgin, working

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •