OpenATV 4.2 cable EPG zapping problem

bbbuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a problem when I zap to a channel from the default (I believe, built-in) EPG.

EPG1.jpg

When I view the EPG (as above) and scroll down and zap to a channel like "Channel 5" (in this example) but instead of zapping to the channel selected/highlighted it actually zaps to the channel immediately before that so in this example is "Channel 4".

I think I have narrowed this down to when I use the AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM)! When using Virgin (UK) cable ABM option and for "generate main bouquet" I select "Yes" to generate a main bouquet and select "Yes" to generate a section bouquet. Now when viewing the main bouquet from the EPG I have the problem I mentioned of it actually zapping to the channel immediately before the one I actually wanted.

However, if I select "No" so it doesn't generate a main bouquet (ie just section bouquet is created) and I then view EPG of a section (ie Entertainment), I don't have this problem so the channel I select is actually zapped to.

I have a DM800SE box and using OpenATV v4.2 (build date 25/08/14 by gstrooms).

I have posted this on the openatv forum but due to language barrier I'm not expecting many responses.

Does anyone else have this problem using the default built-in EPG?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Uninstall and reinstall EPG or delete data and re download,sorry can not tell you more..
You may not get an answer on openATV as it's a modified image..
If problems persist you maybe better off in the long term re flashing image.

I've installed the image many times so I know it's not the EPG data as such.

It may be because it's a modified version I don't know but it must be a bug as such because it works as it should if I don't have the ABM generate the main bouquet, instead just using sectional bouquet (ie Entertainment, Sports, Movies, etc). If it's not a bug then it's a settings thing but can't figure out what.

Maybe see if you can remove the EPG and reinstall it.
I don't know cable images is the epg same as sat crossepg.?

It's using the default EPG as included within OpenATV.

I'm not certain whether this is just a ABM bug when using ABM with Virgin or if problem exists when using same image on $ky as I can't check $ky side of things with this image unfortunately.

At a guess the ABM does something when generating main bouquet that confuses the EPG to zap to channel immediately before the one I select. As a workaround I have disabled the main bouquet and just use sectional bouquet and works fine but it's annoying because EPG will only ever display the data for the section I'm currently in. I have to select different section first before trying to use EPG if I want EPG data for another section (ie Movies).

I know it's not a skin problem (didn't think it was) as tried a different skin.

Perform an online update of image, ABM will be updated too.
I tried that but it seems like it keeps getting stuck in loop of rebooting.

I posted here about it and asked if anyone else had problem and another forum member also said he couldn't update either.

online updates fail on latest images (clones)

Perform an online update of image, ABM will be updated too.

He is using a modified image so online updates will cause boot loop etc..
Do not update..flash a fresh or different image..simples.

online updates fail on latest images (clones)
Did they work on the release prior to gstroom's latest release? I think it was dated 16/08/14?

If so, I may give that image a try and then update and see if that solves the epg problem.

Do not update..flash a fresh or different image..simples.
There is no fresh image by gstroom. The latest build being 25/08/14. I would much prefer Vix but they don't support DM's so next thing was OpenATV which is very similar due to them both using OE core. I tried OpenPLI and didn't like it tbh.

The sim2.10 (ssl 84d) clones can't handle original images so will have to possibly wait until gstroom's next update.

probably openpli next best bet

run original image save tuner drivers first though

Does anyone know if I could try and cheat and just update the ABM and whatever is related to EPG?

I think so as well. Do you know if it's possible to update just the ABM to the latest if I init 4 and ftp files over?
Yes, its essentially just a plugin.

You are meant to power cycle after an upgrade too. There was nothing mentioned about online updates failing on DM800SE on Mfaraj57/GjStroom's forum.

This image is a 100% build from OpenATV source code.
You can safely use the online update function, I tricked the driver date 100 years in the future so the present (and working) drivers are not overwritten during update.
I added the secret-feed (softcams) and changed the default language to US. It's a 100% clean image !

Gistroom did hint about failing update

openssl/libcrypto changes

Yes, its essentially just a plugin.
Ok great. Can you point us in the direction of where I can get the latest files from?

I assume I would just replace the folder AutoBouquetMaker in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker

I can copy files from my solo2 (image is vix 024) but I don't know if they are exactly the same or if openatv made slight changes to it

I have managed to solve the epg zapping to channel immediately before the one I actually wanted/selected.

I just copied over the ABM folder from my solo2 running vix 024 and that seems to solved it.

Thank you all for your help, it's much appreciated.

Gistroom did hint about failing update
openssl/libcrypto changes
I have generally not had any issues performing online updates for his images on the DM800. I dont have an 800HD SE and have only ever performed updates without issue a few times. I have quoted what GJStroom has said with regards to online updates, if people want to discourage others from performing updates, then thats fine too. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

His daily builds seem to have stopped at 24/08/2014 for OpenATV 4.2. I have posted on his forum.

Back