For info

UK Turk ‏@uk_turk 28 minutes ago
The Countdown has Begun....
-----------------------------------------

UK Turk ‏@uk_turk Apr 26
Dont think ive been putting my feet up since da addon has been down,Ive updated nearly every section with new content,wen back u will luv it

UK Turk ‏@uk_turk 30 minutes ago

Guess whos Back? say Welcome Back to UKTurk, no need to update but if not working delete the addon then reinstall Enjoy

will take a bit of time for now only showing favourites & search functions be patient also as expected NJM soccer now back as well best to remove & add from ares wizard

updated info from kodi devs about addons being removed

There seems to be a growing amount of reports where users are suddenly missing add-ons from their K*di installation. It seems there are some factions out there that are removing each others add-on without the user approving or even knowing this. While we as team do not want to be associated with the groups we do feel that we must at least warn people that this can happen.

adrian sports seems to be one of them thats removing addons along with genietv possibly others

more info on this from tvaddons

Note to Developers: Don’t Use Malicious Code in Kodi Addons!

It was recently brought to our attention that in the last few weeks, one or more developers have pushed certain code updates to their addons, which effectively deleted an addon created by another developer and/or made other unauthorized changes to users’ systems.
We want to make our position clear on the matter: we are strongly opposed to any modification made by addons outside their own installation path, their own profile path, or Kodi database path without the end user’s explicit permission to do so prior to any instance of such a modification occuring. We will not under any circumstances permit an addon developer to take it upon him or herself to remove another developer’s addon.
It is imperative that any addon containing any code that falls outside the rules outlined above remove such code immediately. Failure to comply with these community standards within 24 hours will result in complete excommunication from our community, and removal from comunity distribution tools such as the Fusion Installer and Addon Installer. It should be noted that such leeway will not be afforded to addons in the future, any addon that is found to contain such malicious code will be instantly banned.
It is important to us that it be made clear that banning addons from our community is not something we take lightly and would truly prefer to never have to do so, but we cannot in good conscience allow the discussion nor distribution of addons which could negatively impact an end user’s system. As the community grows, we need to ensure that a certain level of integrity is maintained in order to protect the security and privacy of our users.
If you’re an end user and have reason to be concerned about a specific addon, please feel free to send a private message to any of our staff members so that they can check it out. Please refrain from posting publicly about this type of concern, as we prefer to prevent the spread of misinformation, unfounded witchhunts and the publicity of potentially malicious addons.
As for addon developers who are concerned with other developers using content from your addon without proper attribution, you are encouraged to do your best to attempt to amicably resolve the situation. We really try to keep our community positive and drama free, and a little bit of polite discussion sometimes goes a long way. If you can’t work it out amicably, in the most extreme cases the most we can accept is to prevent your own addon from running while the addon you are concerned with remains installed on the user’s system.
It is our belief that each user has the right to decide for themselves what is installed on their system, and destructive actions taken by any addon, even with the best intentions, subverts that right. In the future, we hope to explore potential options for preventing the use of malicious code on devices owned by visitors of this site.

Ares Wizard & Anonymous

We regret to inform all our users that we have decided to activate a feature in the Ares Wizard to detect "undesirable" addons..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Anonymous has a cheek since was their wrong doing in first place thats kicked it all off
time for me to pull plug on kodi as do not like whats happening these days i want control of my applicactions not any other what else could they do access your lappy etc

scumbags out there for sure

We regret to inform all our users that we have decided to activate a feature in the Ares Wizard to detect "undesirable" addons.

Ares Team have chosen to make our views known that we do not and will not condone the direct copy and paste of addons. We support the content creators and providers; we therefore now scan for these addons and if in the unlikely event they are found you will be given options to remove them.

Ares Team have not and will never remove or interfere with other addons without consent, this is down to you the users to decide which add ons you use.

Why Are We Taking This Stance?

This isnt about code copying, as many of the addons and repos are just clones passed around in the spirit of open source. A simple email to almost any of the devs would get you permission to use anyway.
This isnt a dispute about copyright either, that would be a little trite, given all the content we all love is sourced from "big corps" in any case.

This is about the encoders, uploaders and creators of the content, that is provided to you free. Its provided free usually by people as a hobby or interest, but for some its an idealogy to bypass big corps and give "the working man" access to content he maybe couldn’t afford. This has generally been done on a "gentlemans" agreement, each "dev" providing content on the basis you didn’t touch anyone else stuff.

Why do people get so uptight about having their "pirate links" copied?
Imagine, some of these guys have been doing this for years, hundreds maybe even thousands of links and many, many man hours involved in sourcing content and uploading to hosters. For free. No trickery no danger of malicious code etc.

Now imagine someone comes along, bypasses your 1000's of hours input, with a simple cut n paste, a few twiddles and new graphics. Boom a new addon appears! Its all YOUR work!

Next are the guys that "crack" sites - yup they spend hours trawling, testing and tweaking to gain access to the live tv feeds we all love

How would you feel?

Now lets be clear, people aren’t going to die, the world wont stop turning, it wont cause countries to go to war ( i hope!). In the greater scheme of things, its hardly life threatening right? However, let me explain, I know for a fact there are several "devs" or content providers about to jack it in completely. Why should they do all the work for some muppets to copy and ask for donations?

What about people copy the popular content to get you installing their new "super addon" with 4 or 5 addons in one, then once established started adding new code? Code that can be used to launch ddos attacks or monitor your network activity/traffic? Its actually very easy to do.

Easily Add "malicious code"

I was approached by an industry "security" expert, a guy who looks at exploits and weaknesses in systems (even gave me some advice on a few things I'd missed !) - Mr A as I'll call him

Mr A "Did you know you can add code to Genesis really easy?"
Me " Yes, its very easy to add code - bump the version and have it install"
Mr A " you can make this install on other systems?"
Me " Easily - create a repo - get people to use it for any reason you can - then add your modified addon with your code - it will auto update for you"
Mr A " Thats very bad"

Indeed he was shocked at how easy it is to add " a little extra code" to do some "other stuff". This is why we always say - only install from official repo - so you dont get dragged into this type of scam. I would hope given the scrutiny in the community this would get spotted really quickly, but its one reason I never installed "Specto" or any other "forked" addon, I just don’t have the time to trawl the code to make sure its contains no nasties.

OK, before you panic, there is no code I am aware doing anything bad (excluding giving you copyright infringing material), and that for Kodi themselves is bad. Kodi has a list of banned addons, which some have alluded means Ares Wizard is "bad" in some way - let me assure you, every single addon that provides useful content is banned by Kodi - check for yourself;

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Kodi

Ares Wizard "Virus"

************ and Kodi alluded to "nefarious activity", but neither have produced any proof (nor can they), but as I have covered, its "feasible" to easily modify code, I can demonstrate this very easily, but i have not seen anyone produce any code as actual PROOF. The Ares Wizard it was claimed contained " a virus" - I have a £500 reward for any proof it does. (I could make if £5000 tbh - the money is safe, we'd even provide the source to an independent security company to validate this.).

Anonymous have tried to spread panic by claiming that Ares Wizard has a virus - actually its some code to detect their addon - then it gives you the choice to use Ares - (uninstall Anon) or not. That was ************ direct response as to "reasonable" use of detection code. This is what vidtime and more will do I suspect.

Anon obviously want to keep the light shining on their copied stuff, so will spread rumours, lies and negative propaganda about this project. You know we have been around since November last year (2015) and have tens of millions of downloads and close to 5 million confirmed build installs, If anything bad was gonna happen, it would have surfaced now huh?

Addons Removing Other Addons

Just to be clear - adding code to remove other addons is an understandable reaction to the recent CnP artists, now I have had time to think that one through, I understand the point that it removes users rights, however strongly I personally feel, its more than 1 person or group of people, its what you want om your devices. You have to be given the right to make a choice, right or wrong, that’s your choice.

I digress a little - lets get back to Kodi and addon copying; what possible reason can anyone have for copying another addon ? There is a massive promotional machine, youtube, twitter, facebook etc to ensure users know which addons have which content. So whats to gain by simply copying add ons and sticking them in one addon? They have to be exploiting something somewhere... at some point, even if its not now, it will come.

Money, Greed, Exploitation

Thomas Bernard, a recent such offender, copied lists and addons created a new addon then tried to charge people for content - in fact he now has a wizard he wants you to pay monthly to access the builds!

Why would Anonymous (or anyone else) copy addons? The only reason has ever been money, to exploit/leverage that content, to gain donations, or to create paid content. I am not against paid subs, I use one, but they buy the servers and their streams and provide me with a service. They didn’t hijack someone else’s server (at no cost) then charge end users for those "free" streams. This I hope makes sense.

This is a bloody long post and I have still only scratched the surface of explaining things, I hope this goes someway to covering some of the reaction the devs have to addon content being copied, which can often seem bizarre and hypocritical, but the rationale is is founded in good practice, common respect and a genuine regard for the end user experience.

My Final Thoughts

If Kodi themselves wanted to disrupt the "3rd party addon" community and cause problems, panic and unrest, what better way to achieve this?

Its just another "conspiracy theory", but its thrown a real spanner in the works, with many end users genuinely confused and upset. How to get devs to quit, demoralise them, set them against each other, create drama - its a perfect storm.

It could just be a few attention seeking cretins waving two fingers at the community too!

If more devs quit then their void will be filled with people charging for content, Plex, IPTV and the like will further establish itself, so careful what you wish for.

Anonymous has a cheek since was their wrong doing in first place thats kicked it all off
time for me to pull plug on kodi as do not like whats happening these days i want control of my applicactions not any other what else could they do access your lappy etc

scumbags out there for sure

Well it looks like there is something going on after all

But it’s only aimed at anonymous and his friends

No big deal

as said before i will not have any other interfering with my lappy etc i decide what runs on it no other
was shocked to see how quick some addons got wiped some are going way to far now am done with it

I don’t see a problem unless you’re using the

Anonymous KODI BUILD by Team Maniac

I have had no issues nut then I dont run a build, or any addons that incorporate other addons.

Do it all yourself and I think you should be fine

do not use any wizard builds personally but i did have genietv who somehow decided to run the cleanse script & removed addons not even associated no honour among thieves lol

But GenieTV allow an addon is basically a build as it has the raw code of other devs addons in it but without giving them credit

aware of that now mate yes will never happen again for sure lesson learned
secured now to stop others running same script until someone else does it again lol

personally dont care who throws dummy out pram between them twats but i do care when start interfering with my system where does it end

Last edited:
Yeh I know what you mean, but our whole TV system revolves around Kodi, so I am not going to get rid of a perfectly good system because of an event which never actually efected me.

I think most of issues have been around the Live TV scene and we use Tuners for that anyway

Back