zafira 1.6 petrol wont start

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
my brother's 1.6 zafira petrol has been chugging for a while. then a emissions warning light has come on and the car won't start. done a bit of snooping around and seen the egr valve could be a problem. i've ordered this off fleebay. does anyone have any dealings with this part.

VAUXHALL EGR BLOCK / BLANKING PLATE CORSA ASTRA ZAFIRA TIGRA VECTRA NEW! | eBay

until the part comes i was going to try some cataclean. has anyone had any dealings with that stuff.

no where was open. i just found out the father in law has one. i'll try it today, cheers.

I have used Cataclean to very good effect on my Mazda RX8.
It doesn't just clean the cat but also fuel lines and injectors etc.
It is added to the fuel tank so you will have to get the engine started for it to work through.
It may be worth checking/replacing the fuel and air filters. Perhaps the air filter is blocked.

got 2 codes
p0300 01/02

p0301 02/02

looks like misfiring on cylinder 1,etc

sorry mate i thought i had already posted this. it turned out it was the coil pack. cheers for your input lads. i had my heart set on the egr valve, lol.

you were barking up the right tree mate, i had tunnel vision. i had heard that the egr valve was a very common fault on all vauxhalls when the emission light comes on. cause i like to tinker with electronics, i wanted to build the circuit the guy on youtube built for testing an egr valve ( Testing an EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve - YouTube ). I was being selfish to be honest. i dont have a clue about cars. cheers

i was looking forward to u fitting the blanking plate to see what effect it has, the egr is a pain in the ass.

i guess it wasnt quite the happy ending for me and you,lol. i read that a guy with a zafira had went through 2 egr valves in 2 years and when he fitted the blanking plate the car ran like a dream and he has never looked back. i think i might buy a vauxhall and fit a blanking plate, f**k it.

Back