youtube software with these options

Blade2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
can someone please recommend me some software for downloading videos from youtube that will let you

pause and resume the download

let you choose to download the video in 480p or 720p quality

let you choose to download the video as a .avi or .mp4 file

thanks

can someone please recommend me some software for downloading videos from youtube that will let you

pause and resume the download

let you choose to download the video in 480p or 720p quality

let you choose to download the video as a .avi or .mp4 file

thanks

jdownloader does exactly that iirc.

thanks for the replys i think ill try the freemake downloader but can someone that uses that software please tell me if it can download these 2 videos

youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1qXRxOgOo&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL
youtube.com/watch?v=oEwAy8E18WQ&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL

also what is the file size (MB/GB) as 480p and 720p as a .avi file?

thank you

This shows the first one in Jdownloader. Are you really too lazy to download it and try it yourself? :tongue:

test.jpg

no i am not too lazy to download it and try it my yourself its just i dont want to mess arond installing software that will not download the videos i want thats why i asked if they worked with freemake downloader

thanks

thanks for the replys i think ill try the freemake downloader but can someone that uses that software please tell me if it can download these 2 videos

youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1qXRxOgOo&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL
youtube.com/watch?v=oEwAy8E18WQ&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL

also what is the file size (MB/GB) as 480p and 720p as a .avi file?

thank you

Fremake video convert does download the first video. The second video is not available in this country. I just clicked on the button Freemake puts in firefox and the program puts it in the download queue. Freemake always defaults to the best quality it can find, but you can select a lower quality if you choose. You can also put several files into the queue and join them all together, good for when someone has uploaded a film in 10 minute chunks. You can even download straight to DVD format and just burn the disk.

Capturefn.JPG

Size is dependent on how you set the quality, this is the default setting for that first video.

The size will be approx 2.2gb it's encoded using H.264 for video and MP3 @ 256kbps for sound, the screen size is 1280x720 @ 25fps which is 720p HD.

I would use an MKV format for a 720p video, it's slightly smaller but better quality.

Capturefn2.JPG

You can adjust all the settings manually. So you could set the size to 1gb and it would make it fit by adjusting the bitrate of the encoding.

Last edited:
thank you very much for the reply,

is there anyway around being able to download the video/s that are not available in this country?

also do the videos covert to the chosen format (avi mp4 mkv ect..) as they are downloading from youtube?

thank you

thank you very much for the reply,

is there anyway around being able to download the video/s that are not available in this country?

also do the videos covert to the chosen format (avi mp4 mkv ect..) as they are downloading from youtube?

thank you

might be possible to download videos that are blocked here via a proxy service but the downloader will need to be proxy aware. In this situation I suspect web site based downloader would be a better bed.

Freemake downloader can convert to another format automatically once download is finished.

I tried both Ultrasurf Free Proxy and also Ultrasurf Free VPN and nether would let me even watch the second video link you posted, it still said it wasn't available in my country. If you cant watch it then video downloaders cant download it. You other option is to try and download it using newsgroups or torrent.

EDIT:

Just checked newsgroups and there's loads of friday night smackdown's the last being 26/08/2011 and all in 720p HD.

Last edited:
hi, i have been using the software now for a few days and it works fine for the downloading part but the problem is the converting takes a long time (around 3 hours) and the pause and resume option does not seem to work because when you close the software down the download is not on screen to resume it the next time you re-open the software

does the video downloader Free Video Downloader | YouTube Downloader | Freemake software download them directly as a file type or does that still go thought a long converting process as well?

thanks

If you save the video as FLV then it should just download it without conversion as that is Youtube's format.

The conversion process is all to do with your pc spec. Freemake can make use of higher end graphics card from Nvidia to use the cuda engine. Which mean even on an old geforce 9600 like mine it uses the 64 cuda cores to convert instead of my cpu's 4 cores. So to convert a 90 min films from youtube takes around 20 mins.

Both freemake programs do the same job when downloading, it's just the the downloader program doeant have the same conversion processes that the full freemake video converter has.

You can still signup for a free binload account to get free newsgroup access with 400 days retention. It would be the quickest way to download the smackdowns as they are all on there in proper HD format.

Last edited:
Back