Xtreme Explained Why They Did Not Release Waninkoko CFW 3.56

Thommo

Hates everyone equally!
Reaction score
Woodlands Cemetery,Scarborough overlooking the sea
Xtreme Explained Why They Did Not Release Waninkoko CFW 3.56

ps3-silver.jpg

Previously, Xtreme has revealed that they had a custom firmware for 3.56 in hand but cannot be release yet for some reasons. Now, we had some Xtreme explanation regarding to why CFW on 3.56 is a dangerous one. Below, is the automated Spanish text translation from Xtreme’s post in TeknoConsolas. It was an awful one, but you get the idea.

A few days ago informed that Waninkoko was ready to launch a CFW 3.56 but not for security would basically because if we evolved CFW that we would be stuck in that CFW for always?. Today I would like to explain in the simplest way possible the reason for that decision.

After analyzing the new OFW 3.56, Waninkoko has concluded that Sony has implemented a new type of “updater”, a new upgrade process that includes checks and new checks are also signed with new keys are impossible to be obtained as this time have done their job. In addition, private keys have been modified, although this is a “problem child.”

The new private key there is a relative problem because, as we have the root key Geohot published, we will always be able to change these new private key by the old and modify the various verifiers for the den as valid, thus breaking the chain of trust, with a CFW 3.56 is more than viable.

The big problem is the new updater, since this CFW 3.56 could access all that we are currently on CFW or OFW 3.55 or earlier. You may ask why, well because we are in the 3.55 or earlier will update provided from the “old” updater, while those who are already in 3.56 they would on the new and fail in the attempt.

Well, we know that we are at 3.55 or earlier could have access to that CFW 3.56, but what if you update it?, Then we would stay trapped because when we wanted to evolve into a possible 3.57, … since it could no longer would have to pull the new updater and we could not use it. In that case the only option that we could make it back to a OFW 3.56 or stay with the 3.56 CFW, I repeat, we would be trapped.

Right now the only option that comes to mind is trying to get a downgrader for version 3.55 so that, and before any possible rise to new CFW, we can always downgrade to 3.55 first and then go to CFW you want using the updater that 3.55.

The reality is that both generate a 3.56 CFW, having to change all the keys for the former, as the study of a downgrade to 3.55, mean brickeo run many risks for beta testers.

In this situation the best option is to find a normal person using the flash can extract the contents of your flash so that if brickea may later recover their console and also, if necessary, may return to 3.55 when required to follow investigation.

We are now contacting a person with ability to carry out this task and so moving forward.

I hope I explained.

source dukio.

Back